Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County
DeSoto Club, 5231 34th Street West, Bradenton, FL 34210 – Front Desk/Administrative Assistant
Do you have integrity, accountability, can multi-task, looking for Part-Time work and have experience with children? Come work for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County.
FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Club Director, the Front Desk/Administrative Assistant has the general responsibility of the front counter area.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
• Working knowledge of basic clerical duties.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to act as the receptionist for the Club.
• Maintains general files such as attendance sheets, parent sign out sheets, etc.
• Answers phone and all dispatches promptly.
• Signs up new members, collects membership fees, and submits daily reports of membership receipts.
• Issues duplicate membership cards.
• Maintain check in/out of all members and guests.
• Greets and screens all club visitors and refers them to appropriate staff.
• Ensures that accurate membership and attendance records are being kept daily and submitted to the Data Specialist.
• Conveys a positive public relation image to each member and guest that utilizes the Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County.
• Responsible for the daily clean-up of front counter area.
• Performs other clerical duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Club Director.
• Does not supervise others.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
• This position is Part-Time; Monday-Friday; $12.00 per hour.
• Bi-lingual a plus.
• Valid State Driver’s License and must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including, but not limited to Word, Excel, and Access.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
• Basic knowledge of proper filing procedures.
• Ability to relate with children and parents.
• Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
• Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
• Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
• Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
• Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
• Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds during a standard 4 or 8 hour shift.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is part-time, based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.