Position: Classroom Aide – PT position: 1 opening
Grade/Salary: (1) $10.00 hourly rate /10 months / 20 hours
Location: Booker location
Reports to: Early Childhood Development Specialist
Education and Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possession of High School Diploma or GED; CDA preferred
- State Mandated Training completed
- Minimum of six months’ experience working with young children
Day to day Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing and implementing activities that meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program.
- Follow the consistent daily routine developed by the Teacher(s)
- Ensure equipment and classroom facility are clean, well maintained, safe and compliant with federal, state and local health and safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Assist with breaks and other classroom needs as requested and/or needed.
- Assist with general maintenance of the facility and security of children, inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Assist in documenting and maintaining ongoing observations and assessment information utilizing Creative Curriculum and other required paperwork.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Principles, practices and objectives of Head Start programs.
- Safe and appropriate activities for children aged 0-5.
- Set and maintain professional boundaries with families.
- Speak, read and write English; bilingual in English/Spanish is helpful.
- Work cooperatively with parents and staff.
- Solve problems and make decisions.
- Collect/analyze data and make accurate reports and recommendations.
- Manage time, stress and constantly changing situations.
- Use the computer – word processing and database software.
- Lifts and/or moves up to 50 lbs; Kneels, stoops, bends, reaches and sits on floor.
- Moves quickly to respond to children who are active and need redirection to protect their and others’ safety.
- Uses manual dexterity, reaches with hands and arms, stretches, and talks or hears;
- Responds both physically and mentally to emergency or crisis situations
- Reliable transportation, current & valid Driver’s license & insurance at agency limits
- Team player & self-starter who enjoys the challenge of working in a diversely rewarding work environment
- Salary based on education/experience
- Equal Opportunity Employer Drug Free Workplace
- After 90 days of continuous employment = Paid time off at Winter & Spring Break
Application Deadline: Open until filled