Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County
Program Specialist –Sport & Fitness, Fine Arts, Computer Tech
Do you have experience working with children? Do you have integrity and accountability? Do you have skills with sports, art or computers? The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County wants you!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Program Specialist plan, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided within a specific program area, such as Sports & Fitness, Fine Arts, and/or Social Recreation.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
• Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
• Ensure engagement, promote and stimulate participation, and consistent attendance of youth enrolled in activities.
• Establish rapport with youth and provide mentoring, guidance, role modeling to members and overall direction for their leadership development, artistic skills, physical activity engagement and academic progress
• Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities.
• Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the club at all time.
• Engaging members in activities successfully and provide a safe environment for members.
• Support members emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts successfully.
• Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and group projects
• Submit regular lesson plans, attendance sheets and other administrative duties
• Participate in training and staff development activities.
• Ensure a productive work environment by participating in club staff meetings.
• Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; collaborate; and advise/counsel.
• Mandatory cleaning set up and closes down of program area on a daily basis.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
• This position is part time. (Fall thru Spring 2pm to 6pm); $12 per hour
• High School diploma
• Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
• Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based activity highly preferred
• CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
• Valid State Driver’s License
• Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
• Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
• Experience and ability in creating interactive and educational activities
• Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
• Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
• Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
• Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
• Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club setting, indoor/outside.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is part-time, based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.