Position: Infant Toddler Specialist –PT
Grade/Salary: (2-4) $10.73-$14.48 hourly rate / 10-month position / 20 hours per week
Location: Marieb ELC / Main campus
Reports to: Early Childhood Development Specialist
Summary: The Infant Toddler Specialist (0-3 Years) is accountable for creating and implementing a safe, healthy, supervised, and developmentally appropriate program in accordance with all relevant accreditation, licensing, legislation, policies and procedures to promote the intellectual, social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of all children as a Head Start, Early Head Start and VPK provider. The work involves planning daily age appropriate activities, assisting children with behavioral skills, developing individual goals, conducting assessments, communicating with and encouraging parent and community involvement, maintaining program documentation, and facilitating the transition of children into other educational settings. The employee works under the direction of the Regional Manager. Additional guidance is provided by standard operating procedures, parent’s handbook and curriculum handbook. Work is reviewed through classroom observations, annual evaluations with supervisor, and inspections from all monitoring bodies.
Education / Equivalent Experience:
- Minimum CDA or FCCPC credential with Infant Toddler endorsement minimum required
- AA/AS or BA/BS in early childhood development/education preferred
- AA/AS, BA/BS degree in related field with coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood development/education, with experience teaching children, aged 0-5; or
- BA/BS degree in any field, has been admitted into the Teach for America (TFA) program, passed a rigorous childhood content exam (such as Praxis II), participated in a TFA summer training institute program, which included teaching preschool children, and is receiving ongoing professional development and support by TFA staff;
- Completion of state-mandated coursework
- One (1) year experience working in a pre-school setting and working with a diverse population of children aged 0-3
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Create and implement a developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children
- Supervise children in the preschool program
- Communicate with parent/guardians and members of the community
- Maintain program administration and documentation
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Early childhood development and the learning process.
- Principles, practices and objectives of Early Head Start programs.
- Promote children progress across the standards as described in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Florida Early Learning Standards birth-five.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times in classroom, outdoor play areas and on field trips.
- Safe, effective, and appropriate teaching practices for children with disabilities and dual language learners as appropriate
- Provide effective and nurturing teacher - child interactions
- Set and maintain professional boundaries with families.
- Speak, read and write English; bilingual in Spanish with proficiency in reading & writing skills +.
- Work cooperatively with parents, staff, and volunteers.
- Solve problems and make decisions.
- Collect/analyze data and make accurate reports and recommendations.
- Manage time, stress and constantly changing situations.
- Use the computer word processing and database software.
- Lifts and/or moves up to 50 lbs; Kneels, stoops, bends, reaches and sits on floor.
- Moves quickly to respond to children who are active and need redirection to protect their and others safety.
- Uses manual dexterity, reaches with hands and arms, stretches, and talks or hears;
- Responds both physically and mentally to emergency or crisis situations
- Reliable transportation, current & valid Driver’s license & insurance at agency limits
- Team player & self-starter who enjoys the challenge of working in a diversely rewarding work environment
- Salary based on education/experience
- Equal Opportunity Employer Drug Free Workplace
- Post 90 days of continuous employment = Paid time off at Winter & Spring Break
http://www.childrenfirst.net/career-opportunities/ or 941-954-8047 fax
Application Deadline: Open until filled