Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County
Teen Director – Palmetto Club
FUNCTION: Responsible for managing the delivery the full delivery of a broad range of teen programs at a designated Club, including Education and Career Development, Character and Leadership Development, Health & Life Skills, Sports, Fitness and Recreation, and The Arts. Plan, develop, oversee implementation, supervise and evaluate programs and program staff. Responsible for recruiting and retaining teen members. Collaborate with the Club Directors to provide program delivery, supervision and training of staff working directly with teens, community relations and membership administration.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
• Plan, oversee the administration of and evaluate Teen Club programs and activities at a designated location (or club) that support Youth Development Outcomes.
• Establish Teen Club programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and create an environment that facilitates achievement of objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
• Oversee the provision of day-to-day teen program activities in accordance with established standards and goals.
• Plan, oversee and evaluate programs for the Teen extended hours.
• Ensure that teen members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
• Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of teen members.
• Maintain Teen Club program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of teen members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are inviting, safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
• Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to teen member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
• Control Club teen program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
• Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
• Increase visibility of Teen programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, fliers and media releases.
• Oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year and Awards Programs), and participate in the implementation of other Club activities as necessary.
• Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff working with teens and volunteers. Conduct annual performance evaluations on all staff working with teens.
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
• Keep accurate records of all incidents and accidents and provide copies to HR and the VP of Operations.
• May be required to drive Club vehicle periodically.
• May consult with parents concerning member issues.
• Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
• Develop recruitment methods to attract teens to the club.
• Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and other to assist in resolving problems.
• May supervise program staff and/or volunteers involved in special programs or vents.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
• Four year degree in related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of two years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
• Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
• Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications will be required.
• Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is part-time, based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.