Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to items ordered by the Guests and to the standards set forth by the Chef and your training.
Reports To: Chef
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, dairy and other food items using knives, electric mixers, immersion blenders, food processors, scales, and portion bags.
- Processes prepared foods for service using ovens, gas stoves, griddles, and broilers
- Assure that each item is cooked to the Chef and guest’s specifications
- Garnish each dish properly
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, broilers, sauté burners, ovens, flat top griddles and refrigeration equipment both during and after service
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Assumes responsibility for quality, food safety/sanitation and timeliness of products served
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the management staff
- Previous experience working as a Line Cook for (2) year(s)
- Culinary school diploma preferred
- In-depth knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Attention to detail.
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes