OKAY…So you have been hired as a Server. We all know what that means. The Guest comes in, they order food and drinks, you bring it, they eat it, then they pay and leave. At the end of the day, the Guest had a great meal, we made money, you made money, and everyone goes home happy.
But wait! At Floridays, you’re not just a server, you’re and Artist. You’re a member of the newest, coolest concept to come around in a while. As a member of the team, you will learn that it is our CULTURE that sets us apart. We are Gastronomic Tour Guides. We take each and every Guest on a Culinary Journey to create not just a meal but a memory. We do this one Guest, one sip, one bite at a time.
Reports To: Restaurant Supervisor, Restaurant Manager
- Attend new hire, department and company orientation prior to beginning work in the department. Continue attending Quality & Training classes for personal development.
- Help maintain a positive guest experience. Smile; be helpful and friendly while providing quick and accurate service.
- Respond in a timely and courteous manner to all guest questions or requests.
- Provide professional and courteous service while guiding the Guest thru their dining experience.
- Obtain a solid understanding of our menus to include ingredients and descriptions. This is to include our specialty cocktails, beers and wines.
- Provide information to the guest regarding special events, live entertainment and any other local information.
- Complete all additional side duties as assigned by management.
- Learn and perform all steps of service as described in the Steps of Service Guide
- Provide every assistance to every employee and guest as needed.
- Communicate any and all concerns to management
- LASTLY…HAVE FUN, YOU’RE AN ARTIST, BE CREATIVE
- High School diploma or GED
- One year experience in customer service, knowledge of the city and/or related professional or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have command of the English language
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Must be alert to the customers' needs.
- Able to stand for 8 hours.
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to perform tasks several tasks simultaneously.
- Good hearing and vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Basic computer usage skills
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes