Front Desk Agent
Front office agents design the guest’s experience during their stay. You are the first line of contact with all guests and clients using your friendly and outgoing personality to greet guests, facilitate guest arrival and departure, and respond to any needs and requests. You take ownership in helping create a positive memorable experience.
Reports To: Director of Rooms/Front Desk Supervisor
- Attend new hire, department and company orientation prior to beginning work in the department. Continue attending Quality & Training classes for personal development.
- Help maintain a positive guest experience. Smile; be helpful and friendly while providing quick and accurate service.
- Respond in a timely and courteous manner to all guest questions or requests.
- Provide professional and courteous service while performing check-in/check-out process.
- Obtain a method of payment for all hotel guests and ensure that this MOP will be sufficient for the duration of the guests stay.
- Provide information to the guest regarding the hotel, functions being held, amenities and services available, the surrounding community, points of interest, directions and other items the guest requests.
- Post charges to guest room accounts using PMS system.
- Responsible for maintaining proper level of cash bank at all times.
- Prepare accurate reports regarding cash receipts and pay-outs for accounting department.
- Provide every assistance in satisfying guest complaints and taking steps necessary to ensure that these complaints do not happen again.
- Inform other departments of the special needs or requests of guests so they may respond in a timely manner.
- Responsible for completing AM/PM check sheet.
- Ensure delivery of all guest faxes, mail and other special deliveries.
- Cash checks for hotel guests in compliance with the hotel’s check cashing policy.
- Upsell the hotel, its’ services and facilities at all times.
- Take requests for wake-up calls
- Act as reservationists when the Reservations Department is unavailable.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of experience in customer service, knowledge of the city and/or related profession or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have command of the English language
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Must be alert to the customers' needs.
- Able to stand for 8 hours.
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to perform tasks several tasks simultaneously.
- Good hearing and vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Basic computer usage skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Teamwork Oriented
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes