Helping create a positive memorable experience for every guest.
Reports To: Director of Rooms/Housekeeping Supervisor
- Clean and store linens/uniforms in a timely, organized manner to ensure that hotel’s laundry and linen needs are met.
- Receive soiled lines by bag, cart or chute from the floors. Sort all articles by kind, color and degree of soil. Inspect all laundry and linens and records all damaged or stained items.
- Operate washers and dryers according to recommended capacity and other manufacturers’ guidelines. Ensure necessary chemicals are added in the correct quantities prior to wash cycles.
- Fold clean linens and store as appropriate.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Monitor and control supplies, and minimize waste within laundry facility.
- Sort and record discarded linen into categories. Report damages or loss of linen to supervisor.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Prior laundry experience a plus.
- ?Able to stand for 8 hours.
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to bend, stoop, and kneel for low area cleaning.
- Able to lift 75 pounds.
- Able push approximately 400 pounds.
- Good hearing and vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility.
- Frequently bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment.
- Able to operate a washer and dryer.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Teamwork Oriented
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes