Position: Program Admin Support- HR
Grade/Salary: (2-3) $10.73-$13.00 hourly rate / 12-month position / 35 hours/week
Location: Orange Avenue
Reports to: HR Manager
Summary: The Program Administrative Support provides administrative support to the Human Resource Manager and Business Operations Department in compliance with Head Start/Early Head Start performance standards, federal and state law and Children First policies and procedures. This involves advanced clerical tasks, scheduling/reservations and bookings for a variety professional development activities, document production, creation and distribution, technical and administration assistance. This position demands a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism and works under the direction of the Human Resources Manager. Work reviewed through regular coaching and feedback and annual evaluations with supervisor.
Education and Equivalent Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; AA/AS degree preferred
- Certificate in Office Administration preferred.
- Minimum two years executive support experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Microsoft Office and database proficiency.
Day to day Responsibilities:
- Ensure all data is entered into database system for Children First employees; Ensure every employee has a professional development file.
- Confirm and assist with coordination of travel accommodations, as needed (lodging, travel, per diem and etc.).
- Provide timely and accurate training record reports and notices for accreditation and expiring credentials as needed.
- Work closely with Director of Training and Quality Assurance to ensure accurate record and reporting.
- Provide support to the Operations Department.
- Assist with data entry, audit preparation, data collection, and filing support for Department staff; place Department’s supply order, as needed.
- Serve as conduit to enhance traffic flow -answering questions, redirection, setting appointments, delivery of materials, and other duties as assigned and needed.
- Help to maintain positive relationships with staff, community partners, vendors, and parents.
- Administrative support for all aspects of the hiring process.
- Assist with managing health and screening records of all staff
- Provide support with maintenance of licensing off site folders (active / inactive) to be audit ready continually- set up, maintenance, placement, etc.
- Keep staff wall and desk signs updated and accurate for all Children First locations.
- Ensure timely accurate filing of all employee records (personnel, training, and medical records)
- Support biweekly/monthly billing reconciliation as needed.
- Manage production of employee name badges including updates and changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- General office/administrative practices.
- Speak, read and write English.
- Communicate, orally and in writing, with all levels of audiences.
- Use various accounting, word processing, database, spreadsheets, Internet and email software.
- Editing, note taking and keyboarding skills.
- Work independently, yet cooperatively, informatively and accountably.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Handle highly confidential and/or sensitive information
- Prioritize, solve complex problems and make decisions under tight deadlines.
- Manage time, stress and constantly changing situations.
- Maintain professional boundaries with families.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Drug Free Workplace
- After 60 days of continuous employment = medical, dental, vision, + more
- After 90 days of continuous employment = Personal time accrual
- Vacation time accrual after one year of service
http://www.childrenfirst.net/career-opportunities/ 941-954-8047 fax
Application Deadline: Open until filled