Lifeguard positions are available at all 3 Manatee YMCA locations (Bradenton; Lakewood Ranch & Parrish) for a variety of shifts. The Lifeguard ensures the safety & welfare of all participants & employees in & around the aquatic environment at all times. Primary responsibility is to maintain order throughout the swimming pool & deck areas to prevent possible safety hazards & taking final authority in all situations. Must effectively & clearly communicate & enforce pool rules & policies to prevent accidents. Pool maintenance & cleaning is to be performed when not actively involved in surveillance & all daily aquatic activity & chemical testing logs must be complete.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Hold current certification in ASHI or American Red Cross CPR/AED-Pro, First Aid & Oxygen Administration
- Current YMCA, American Red Cross or Ellis Lifeguard training & certification
- Crossover to YMCA Lifeguard certification within 1 year of hire
- Must have an interest in working with all types of people
- Able to move to various locations, including in & around an elevated chair
- Communicate verbally, including projecting the voice across distances
- Be able to hear noises & distress signals
- Observe all areas of the water area
- Perform all needed rescues & survival skills
- Be dependable & reliable
- Able to pass a background & drug screening
- Must complete required Redwoods Risk Management online training & attend New Hire Orientation within 30 days of hire.
Send completed Y employment application (available on web site or any branch location) to contact with cover letter.