Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
Join our SCF Finance Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees from: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Perform accounts payable duties which include processing and paying vendor bills. Requires excellent customer service skills with attention to problem solving and communication. Assists the Manager with maintaining records and employee/vendor accounts and with stop pay and financial/accounting duties.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
- Enters invoices for payment, processes checks and direct deposit vouchers and research disbursement transactions at various stages in the disbursement cycle.
- Calculates and prepares sales tax records and reports for monthly submission to taxing authority.
- Reviews travel authorizations/vouchers to insure they are complete and that all calculations are accurate.
- Assigns routine transaction codes by referring to lists, manuals, or other reference sources.
- Assists employees/vendors in resolving account issues such as refunds, travel reimbursement, and vendor payments.
- Communicates new procedures to constituents in person when appropriate, as well as through displays, phone and written correspondence.
- Compiles and analyzes financial data and prepares reports for external vendors as required.
- Trains employees in other departments in processes and procedures for financial function, and/or use of College financial data process system.
- Annually prepares or assists in preparing tax forms for calendar year end, such as 1099's.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three (3) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants -
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Finance
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 AM
Work Hours To: 4:30 PM
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: starting at $15.00 per hour
Job Open Date: 06/06/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3122679
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-1a341795244058499745af46187ad5ac