Accounting & Finance Manager
Accounting & Finance Manager
Join Our https://scf-foundation.org/about-us/ Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid vacation and sick time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
This position is responsible for planning and managing the overall fiscal operations of the Foundation for State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota, Inc. including safeguarding assets, organizing, coordinating, and directing the accounting and financial activities of the Foundation.
The Accounting & Finance Manager responsibilities include transparent financial accountability, reporting and compliance with Federal, State, Florida College System of Florida’s Department of Education, and compliance with State College of Florida Foundation (SCFF) operating procedures for accounting, taxes, and financial management of SCF Foundation assets.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all the following duties:
1. Responsible for all financial transaction processing, data entry and reporting including but not limited to A/P, A/R, investments, banking, and payroll.
2. Manages and projects cash flow requirements, budgeting and reporting for capital project fund requests, and scholarships and enhancements payments.
3. Performs daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of all investment activity and cash activity (including payment to the College). All month-end activities, entries, reconciliations as noted on the month-end checklist are to be completed timely, including recording of payroll and stipends, while ensuring accuracy in invoices from the College include completed pre-approval documentation.
4. Coordinates tax and compliance requirements including requests by the internal audit committee and external auditor for both SCFF and the College and others.
5. Serves as an active contributing member of the Foundation Board, Asset Management Committee, Audit & Risk Management Committee, and Finance and Resource Committee. Prepares financial and analytical reports and presentations for these meetings.
6. Prepares key statements such as balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows along with an Executive summary, dashboards, and notes to financial statements. Analyzes, develops, and implements SCFF Board of Director annual budget and tracks and reports progress toward the annual goals.
7. Implements and maintains a system of internal controls and security over all financial transactions and assets. Follows standard accounting practices and procedures. Researches and updates Standard Operating Procedures and Board Policies annually.
8. Responsible for providing documentation to external auditors for year-end and interim audit work, scheduling work assignments for account reconciliations and preparation of work papers for audit and 990 tax return preparation.
9. Supervises, coaches, and evaluates the Constituent Database Coordinator and work study student(s) and prioritizes workflow. Oversees Database Coordinator to ensure contributions to be matched by corporations, foundations and the State of Florida are fulfilled and assures that all requirements for donor restricted spending and reporting are met.
10. Responsible for coordinating with SCFF's Director of Grants and Scholarships and the College's Financial Aid, Business Office, and Vice President's office's, to invoice accurately and pay timely, financial grants and scholarships. Responsible for establishing hosting/signature account authority by reviewing the donor documentation to substantiate signature approval(s).
11. Interacts and coordinates with donors, prospective donors and staff regarding the criteria and financial aspects of their gifts. Oversees Database Coordinator's timely recording and reporting of donations and other gift information and reports to SCFF's Executive Director, Advancement Director/Staff, Deans of colleges, donors, and SCFF Directors on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
12. Represents SCFF in providing guidance and training to fiscal/clerical staff throughout the college and SCFF concerning SCFF procedures such as monthly account balancing, purchase order processes & procedures, preparing journal vouchers and other administrative documents. 13. Performs other duties as delegated by the Executive Director, Foundation.
14. Works closely with SCFF staff on major fundraisers to include preparation, day of event financial role and after event reporting.
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or a related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. Five (5) years’ experience in the accounting or auditing field required, preferably within a Development/Foundation/Fundraising organization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees, and assisting others with problems.
• Certificates and Licenses: A valid Florida driver’s license. Ability to be bonded through the Foundation’s insurance policy.
• Certificates and Licenses: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), and Certified Nonprofit Accounting Professional (CNAP) are preferred but not required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Foundation Program Services
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $51,720 - $81,718
Job Open Date: 05/16/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4192189
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-5477894df96ee241a86ab6a83cbec6a3
Position Type: Full-time