Accounts Payable - Inventory
Position Purpose: Accurately evaluate, control and process timely all inventory payables. Communicate in a concise, professional, and courteous manner to vendors as well as fellow employees.
- Enter inventory vendor related invoices and credit memos accurately and on time.
- Scan all receiving documents along with A/P invoices and statements into our paperless system.
- Process Vendor payments weekly ensuring all available discounts are taken.
- Organize and maintain invoice files for pulling of check backup.
- Run EDI process, clear open and unmatched EDI invoices.
- Troubleshoot payables problems, identify and resolve AP discrepancies quickly.
- Clearly communicate problems and appropriate resolutions to vendors and appropriate Wesco associates.
- Reconcile monthly all inventory vendor statements. Research and resolve overdue or outstanding items.
- Review at least monthly all open receivers and vendor returns.
- Periodically review AP procedures. Identify opportunities to improve or streamline payables processing.
- Resolve discrepancies including short pays and claim errors.
- Complete receiving and vendor returns daily.
- Support routine processing and reporting functions of Inventory Analyst position.
- Respond to requests for information regarding inventory payables and inventory procedure.
- Assist with coverage for Receptionist breaks and lunches.
• Must have the ability to process Accounts Payable invoices accurately.
• An ability to deal with and treat confidentially certain information is required.
• A good understanding of payables activity, inventory processing and general ledger.
Education and/or Experience:
• Two-year college degree or equivalent experience in accounting.
• Minimum 1 years experience in Accounts Payable.
Position Type: Full-time
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes
Wesco Turf, Inc