Accounts Payable Specialist
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
DEPARTMENT: Finance and H.R.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: 10/18/2022
Starting Salary Range: $36,275 – $41,716
Salary Grade Range: $36,275 - $54,412
Under general supervision, responsible for processing of accounts payable and assisting with various other accounting and administrative support functions of the Finance and H.R. Department.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives, opens, sorts, and distributes mail on a daily basis to finance and HR personnel. Date stamps invoices, opens and stamps Executive Vice President’s mail, except correspondence from Principal Financial Group.
- Attaches invoices to packing list and inputs accounts payable data into computer. Compares purchase orders to invoices for accuracy, appropriate general ledger number, and correct signature levels. Sends incongruities to Purchasing for research and resolution.
- Inputs accounts payable data into computer. Generates batches containing invoice information and amount to be paid. Prepares payment packages to include invoice and packing slips. Identifies any discrepancies and resolves as appropriate. Prepared information is given to Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer for review and final approval to pay.
- Prints checks to be issued, prepares Cash Disbursement Record, prints Check Register and forwards to the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer for approval. Sends Positive Pay record of checks issued to Bank for fraud protection. Copies checks and files payment package in Account Payables vendor files.
- Enters general ledger numbers from SMAA purchasing transaction logs submitted from cardholders weekly. Prepares reports for payment by the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer.
- Acts as Authority's first contact for inquiries from vendors and others regarding accounts payable issues. Answers questions and provides information as appropriate.
- Prints and distribute Department Budget Reports monthly.
- Prepares monthly Travel Reports.
- Balance and update several accounts to General Ledger monthly.
- Maintains vendor W-9 files.
- Distributes Form 1099 Misc. to vendors at year end.
- Performs year end processing for Accounts Payable.
- Provides necessary copies and documentation to SMAA staff as needed (i.e. check copies, backup documentation, reports, etc.).
- Responsible for the maintenance of accounts payable vendor files and historical and current payment data.
- Prepares accounts payable records for transfer to Records Retention on a timely basis.
- Maintains listing of blanket purchase orders and updates payments made against the purchase order.
- Performs various administrative support duties for the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer.
- Assists the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer in special projects.
- Maintains petty cash processing.
- Compile a list of checks, run a tape to verify total and copy checks for AR Specialist on a daily basis.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Computer, Calculator, Copier, Office Machines
Where "preferred" is indicated, the qualification is not essential.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience in basic manual or EDP accounting required, preferably in the accounts payable area.
- General proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and accounting software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word and other computer programs.
- Knowledge of computer operations. Ability to perform basic accounting duties.
- Ability to compile and maintain account records in a complete and logical manner.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, fellow employees, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively, preferred.
The Accounts Payable Specialist must be diligent in adhering to all work-related safety rules, procedures and regulations and take the precautions necessary to comply with the Airport Authority safety policy.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, the employee must have the mental capacity to provide support to all departments; must be capable of successfully interacting with employees, outside agencies and the general public; develop and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, fellow employees, outside agencies and the general public and have the mental capacity to provide support to the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer.
The Accounts Payable Specialist generally works in an office environment.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job class specification are intended only as illustrations of the various duties to be performed and are not all inclusive. The omission of other specific duties does not exclude them from being performed by the Accounts Payable Specialist if the duties are similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job class specification does not constitute an employment contract between SMAA and the Accounts Payable Specialist and is subject to change at the discretion of the Airport Authority. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES. 1023one
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS LISTED BELOW:
1. Applicants desiring to be considered for this position should apply directly with the Sarasota-Manatee Airport Authority by visiting our website @www.srq-airport.com; or, calling 941-359-2770 ext. 4212. Return your completed SMAA application to the address shown on the signature page of the application form; OR fax it to 941-359-5024; OR email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only Sarasota Manatee Airport Authority (SMAA) application forms will be accepted.
2. Minimum qualifications must be met by the closing date in order to be considered eligible for the position. Resumes may be submitted as supplements, but cannot be accepted in lieu of an application. Applications and resumes are subject to disclosure under the Florida Sunshine Law.
3. Veterans’ Preference documentation, reference names, etc. must be submitted at the time of application. In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, appropriate identification documents verifying eligibility for employment will be required for the applicant who is hired. 4. The Sarasota Manatee Airport Authority participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
5. Your application will not be considered unless complete answers are provided to all questions on the application.
6. The Airport Authority's Drug-Free Workplace Program requires that applicants take and pass a drug/nicotine test prior to being hired.
Position Type: Full-time