Join our SCF Finance Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for directing, coordinating, supervising, planning and organizing the financial, accounting, payroll, budgeting and cashiering/fee payment activities of the College using modern technologies and effective leadership skills.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Exercises control over all of the College's budgets after adoption by the Board of Trustees and supervises the preparation of budget amendments.
2. Prepares and/or coordinates the preparation of financial and statistical reports for the Board of Trustees, State Government and Federal Government. These reports include, but are not limited to, the Annual Financial Report, Annual Cost Analysis, monthly vocational grant reports, monthly Trial Balance Summary, monthly and annual analysis of Operating Revenues and Expenditures, IPEDS Financial Reports, Report of Actual Services and Expenditures for Students with Disabilities, Intercollegiate Athletic Financial Report, Student Financial Aid Report and Workers' Compensation Reports.
3. Prepares and electronically files the monthly cash requests for vocational grants and supervises the periodic requests for Federal funds and Public Education Capital Outlay Funds.
4. Supervises the preparation of certain monthly financial exhibits that are presented to the Board of Trustees and reviews them for correctness before each meeting.
5. Interacts directly with the IT Management to coordinate functional consulting, programming needs and all other financial computing issues for the College's database.
6. Supervises the preparation of closing entries at the end of each fiscal year in order to prepare the College's Annual Financial Report and the opening entries required to establish the books for the next fiscal year.
7. Prepares revenue and expenditure portions of the budget for Funds 1, 2 and 7 under the guidance of the Vice President, Finance & Administrative Services. Incorporates these portions into the annual budget document with the assistance of the Manager, Financial Services. 8. Provides required monthly reporting of cash estimates, accounts receivable, fund balance estimates and other budget management documentation.
9. Serves on various committees, as required for the position.
10. Approves all daily, monthly, and other periodic entries to the official books of the College, including all journal vouchers, budget amendments and other adjusting entries.
11. Acts as liaison and provides administration for College banking services, including entitlements and authorizations for access and online banking services.
12. Plans and reviews cash flow in order to maintain proper fund balances. Authorizes required fund transfers on a daily basis.
13. Reviews and approves reconciliation of property records for transportable equipment with the general ledger and trial balance detail. Reconciles depreciation expense and reserves at year end.
14. Authorizes withdrawal of students for non-payment of fees due.
15. Provides oversight for accounts receivable collection efforts, the preparation of entries for write-offs at year end, and the reconciliation of accounts receivable to the general ledger.
16. Provides oversight of all payroll functions of the College that are under the direct supervision of the Manager, Financial Services.
17. Drafts and maintains documentation for Banner processes.
18. Approves drafts and updates to procedures and operations manuals for accounting, cashiering/fee payment and payroll.
19. Manages, coaches and directs all Supervisory staff in the Accounting, Payroll and Cashiering/Fee Payment departments to ensure that critical functions are performed accurately and timely.
20. Assists the Vice President, Finance Administrative Services in policy evaluations and revisions relating to financial matters.
21. Provides the Vice President, Finance & Administrative Services and senior management with reports and data requests as needed.
22. Interacts with external and internal auditors. Responsible for maintaining standards of internal control to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Responds to all audit requests in timely manner.
23. Oversees the maintenance of all grant files and works closely with the Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness, and grant directors to ensure compliance with grant requirements and related laws and regulations. Provides financial information as part of the reporting requirements.
24. Stays current with knowledge of IRS regulations, Florida Statutes and Florida College System rules and procedures pertaining to finance operations, as well as AICPA, GASB and NACUBO laws, rules, regulations, standards and guidelines, and disseminates same to College officials on a need to know basis.
25. Provides and maintains cellular telephone services and is accessible by cellular phone to the College at all times, except during duly authorized holidays and approved vacation, personal or sick leave.
26. Oversight and responsibility for delivering the Colleges investment portfolio in compliance with federal and state requirements and institutional processes and procedures.
27. Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Finance & Administrative Services.
· Education/Experience: Master’s degree from an accredited university and five or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Supervisory Experience: Five or more years of direct supervisory experience, including formal training in supervision, is required for this position. The job requires the employee to be bondable.
Preferred Qualifications CPA and Higher Education work experience is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Flexible working arrangements available. (Hybrid/Onsite) All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Finance
Campus: Bradenton, Venice, Lakewood Ranch
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $80,513-$127,210
Job Open Date: 04/04/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4070517
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-ca19a30459d02f4fa8767d6e11f1518c
Position Type: Full-time