Locations in SARASOTA AND VENICE, FLORIDA
Cavanaugh & Co LLP CPAs is a local certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, assurance, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, a variety of businesses with a concentration in not-for-profit organizations and condominium and homeowner associations. The Firm was founded in 1975 and has a 45-year history serving the Sarasota, Manatee and Venice Communities.
We are proud to be a member of the BDO Alliance. BDO is a worldwide professional services firm that admits select firms to be part of its alliance. The alliance is a network of over 200 firms across the country which share services and support each other. We have full access to BDO’s resources including a portal which supports not only the Alliance but also BDO USA and BDO International. We have access to help desks that get us answers to almost any question we might have. It is like being an office of an international accounting firm.
Our employees play a significant role in building an environment that is exciting to work in. We recently were recognized as the best service firm to work for in Sarasota and Manatee counties.
See more about Cavanaugh on our website: https://www.cavcocpa.com/
About the Role
As a Senior Auditor, you will be expected to maintain open communication with internal Supervisors, Managers and Principals to ensure quality assurance and workflows are continuing in an organized, efficient, and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of accounting and auditing not-for-profit organizations and the ability and willingness to work in a team environment to assist in all phases of engagement.
- Manages one or more client engagements simultaneously, ensuring the overall success of each project.
- Acquires strong working knowledge of client’s business.
- Builds strong working relationships with clients to gather information and resolve problems.
- Effectively documents work.
- Identifies, communicates, and solves engagement and technical issues as well as communicating engagement progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Supervises, trains and mentors Audit Associates.
- Works as an effective team member to successfully complete engagements including:
- Preparing financial statements, footnote disclosures and management letter comments.
- Assisting with engagement administration including developing audit programs and customized procedures, budgets and engagement letters.
- Establishing work schedules using effective project management techniques.
- Researching and analyzing financial statement and audit related issues.
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience with a concentration in Not-For-Profits.
- CPA license or current candidate required.
- Cover letter outlining experience in field work.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including proficiency in accounting and auditing rules, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results-driven team-oriented environment.
- Strong computer and technical skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet, and audit software.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a remote environment.
- Must be able to travel locally based on client and business needs.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $61,000 - $100,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company