Join our SCF Finance Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details. Job Summary: This position assists the Director of Finance/Controller in the planning and management of the Finance Departments. The Assistant Controller supervises the Senior Accountant, Staff Accountant, and Student Worker positions in the finance department. Assumes leadership of the Finance Department in the absence of the Director.
Job Description Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Compiles reports and performs analysis for capital improvement funds requests and reports expenditures to date for appropriate capital projects.
2. Takes lead on maintaining and monitoring Enterprise Resource Planning System for all organization-wide financial access, including new employee setup, finance process access, approval access, access to funds and organizations, and P-card access, if applicable. Also, creates new detail codes and new funds, org's and accounts as needed.
3. Manages unit activities for processing accounting documents, maintaining accounting records, preparing accounting statements and reports and other related functions. Also, approves daily, monthly and other periodic entries to the official books of the college, including all journal vouchers, budget amendments and other adjusting entries as needed.
4. Prepares key statements such as balance sheets, income statements, source and application of funds statements, notes to financial statements, reports for assuring compliance with laws and regulations affecting expenditure of funds, reports for controlling the budget, and reports on the status of obligations and expenditures.
5. Reviews/prepares Collegiate School financial reports/spreadsheets quarterly for submission to the School District and annually for review by Collegiate School auditors.
6. Interacts with IT Department to outline criteria for reports requested. Uses report writing and query software to produce simple reports as needed for payroll, finance, accounts receivable, and purchasing. Works with IT Department to make enhancements to College database forms.
7. Assists in the oversight or preparation of financial and statistical reports for the Board of Trustees, and state and federal governments. These reports include but are not limited to Annual Financial Report, Annual Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards( SEFA), Annual Cost Analysis, Annual TEA (technology) Report, Annual Financial Aid Fee Report, Annual Students with Disabilities Report, Annual IPEDS Financial Reports, Worker's Compensation Reports, monthly trial balance summaries, monthly operating revenues and expenditures, grant reports and ad hoc reports as required.
8. Prepares all Grant and Foundation billings for the finance office.
9. Supervises, coaches and evaluates the senior accountant, staff accountant and student worker positions as assigned.
10. Provides managerial oversight for staff members and assumes leadership of the Finance Department in the absence of the Director.
11. Serves on various committees, as required for the position.
12. Performs other duties as delegated by the Director of Finance/Controller.
Education/Experience: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field and at least four years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field and at least six years’ experience is required; with at least two of those years at the administrative/managerial level. ·
Supervisory Experience: At least two years’ supervisory experience, including hiring, firing, and evaluation responsibilities. · Certificates and Licenses:
The job requires the employee to be bondable.
Preferred Qualifications CPA and Higher Education work experience is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants: All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings, credit history and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Finance
Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: 8:00 a.m.- 4.30 p.m. Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $57,771.00 - $91,278.00
Job Open Date: 05/12/2022
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3072223 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment.
Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-508ca19de0d31649b263f1e68996d68a