Sr. Tax Accountant
Locations in SARASOTA AND VENICE, FLORIDA
Cavanaugh & Co LLP CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, assurance services, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and Condominiums and Homeowner Associations. The Firm was founded in 1975 and has a 45-history serving the Sarasota, Manatee and Venice Communities.
We are proud to be a member of the BDO Alliance. The alliance is a network of over 200 firms across the country which share services and support each other. We have full access to the BDO portal which supports not only the Alliance but also BDO USA and BDO International. We have access to help desks that get us answers to almost any question we might have. It is like being an office of an international Accounting firm.
Our employees play a significant role in building an environment that is exciting to work in. We recently were honored as the best service firm to work for in Sarasota and Manatee counties
See more about Cavanaugh on our website: https://www.cavcocpa.com/
About the Role
As a Tax Senior, you will be responsible for preparing and filing basic to advanced level Federal and State tax returns in a timely manner. You will be expected to maintain open communication with internal Supervisors, Managers and Principals to ensure quality assurance and workflows are continuing in an organized, efficient, and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of individual and business taxation and the ability and willingness to work in a team environment to assist in all phases of engagement.
• Research tax issues and utilize technology effectively.
• Handle written correspondence internally and externally to clients with minimal review.
• Develop relationships with clients and prioritize daily responsibilities independently.
• Identify potential tax strategies to cross-sell the firm’s services.
• Assist in developing innovative solutions for clients and the firm.
• 3 + years of current tax experience within a public accounting firm.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
• Experience with tax research databases, tax/trial balance software and Excel.
• Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent client service.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
• Our preference would be a CPA or a CPA Candidate.
If you have the necessary qualifications, please email your résumé and cover letter to SLP@cavcocpa.com or mail to:
Cavanaugh & Co., LLP
2381 Fruitville Road
Sarasota, FL 34237
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $61,000 - $100,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company