Academic Department Secretary - Nursing
Academic Department Secretary - Nursing
Join our SCF Nursing Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Serves as Administrative Assistant to the Academic Department Chair/Program Directors. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative details.
Job Description: Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Provides clerical support to Academic Department Chair/Program Directors, including all correspondence. Coordinates Supervisor's calendar, scheduling appointments, and faculty and/or student conferences. Screens calls and assists with projects relevant to the various disciplines/departments.
2. Prepares and maintains administrative files (some of which are confidential), minutes for meetings, department reports and other documentation as required.
3. Assists with preparation of Department budget and maintains budget expenditures and balances.
4. Develops and maintains database and spreadsheet files. Inputs and updates class schedules, rooms and grade information into current College computer system.
5. Serves as front-line customer service contact for State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota faculty, staff, students and the community.
6. Arranges travel plans and itineraries for Department Chair/Program Directors and compiles documents for travel-related meetings. Assists faculty with travel plans and ensures completion of appropriate documents.
7. Maintains records of department/program inventories. Orders and maintains supplies and assists with preparation of textbook orders.
8. Assists Department Chair/Program Directors in maintaining area web pages.
9. Assists Departmental faculty with completion of assigned tasks. Ensures completion of new faculty personnel files and certifications.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three or more years of related experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Nursing Campus: Bradenton
Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: 8:00 am Work Hours To: 4:30 pm Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours per week
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $12.34 - $18.50 (please note that majority of applicants will be offered at midpoint of range)
Job Open Date: 02/07/2022
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2840580
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-9e6fa039255e1e47ba9f0a4b3afbc5a3