Administrative Assistant, Sponsored Research
This position is responsible for acting as the Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Sponsored Research and Coastal Policy Programs (VP) and assisting with departmental functions of the Sponsored Programs Office.
Primary tasks assisting the Vice President may include:
- Weekly meetings to work on scheduling and prioritizing upcoming activities
- Maintaining VP calendar
- Reconciling of credit card purchases and purchase orders
- Assisting with personnel paperwork and timesheet maintenance
- Scheduling flights, car rentals, hotels, and associated travel reservations
- Assisting with special research, education and aquarium budget projects, proposals, and contract management as assigned by the VP
Secondary tasks assisting the Sponsored Programs Office may include:
- Participating in Sponsored Programs team meetings
- Attending special meetings for note taking (meeting minutes)
- Creating and/or maintaining data tracking spreadsheets which may include research budgets, agreements, project tasks, fixed asset inventory, etc.
- Assisting with data entry into Financial Edge and related organizational software
- Assisting with digital and paper filing and file maintenance
- Associates degree or higher
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Prior experience with time management and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested applicants should apply on line by choosing “2023 Administrative Assistant, SPO” at https://mote.smapply.org/prog/job_applicants or mail a single package including cover letter, resume or c.v. and the contact information for three references to Mote Marine Laboratory, Attn: Human Resources, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236 before 5pm November 30, 2023.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected category. Mote participates in E-Verify.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes