Administrative Assistant, Upper Florida Keys Operations
The Upper Keys Administrative Assistant will support the Upper Keys Operations of Mote Marine Laboratory including offices at Islamorada (Bud ‘N Mary’s) and Key Largo (Reefhouse Resort & Marina). Responsibilities include supporting the Business and Sponsored Programs Offices, in administrative tasks pertaining to Upper Keys Operations and to provide support to our main campus located in Sarasota, FL. Direct, regular communication via phone and email is required.
This position is Part Time (~12-15 hours per week) and includes possibly working out of both locations (Islamorada and Key Largo) throughout the week and periodic travel for training/events/coverage at the Mote Summerland Key location. This position reports directly to the Research Operations Manager and closely coordinates with the Vice President of Sponsored Research and Coastal Policy Programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative and Finance
- Business management office tasks which include day to day administrative duties, e.g.: answering and returning phone calls, departmental record keeping as well as written/email communications, receiving and distributing mail & deliveries, copying, ordering of supplies, etc.
- Handling all office paperwork and workflow including purchase orders, petty cash, store receipts and purchasing receipts, budget reports, invoicing, accounts receivable and travel.
- Preparing monthly financial/accounting reports as a support member of the Business Services Office.
- Coordination of cleaning crew (including ordering supplies when needed)
- Organizing and setting up meetings, conferences, workshops and special events; occasionally traveling to assist in meetings and events
- Conducting tours of the facility when needed
- Assisting with Facility/Maintenance when needed
- Managing gift shop and orders, including staff orders
Sponsored Programs Office
- Assisting Program Managers with the processing of grant and proposal paperwork, while ensuring deadlines are met.
Minimum Qualifications or Requirements:
- Computer competency and experience using Word, Excel, and other accounting software as required. Comfortable with downloading, networking, scanning, copying, faxing, etc.
- BS or BA preferred or equivalent experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capable of working independently without supervision, prioritizing workload and multi-tasking
- Capable of working well under remote field-station conditions
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills with colleagues across multiple locations; ability to work with people from various backgrounds
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and related experience
Interested applicants should apply on line by choosing “Administrative Assistant, Upper FL Keys” at https://mote.smapply.org/prog/job_applicants or mail a single package including cover letter, resume or CV and the contact information for three references to Mote Marine Laboratory, Attn: Human Resources, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236 before 5pm September 15, 2023.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected category. Mote participates in E-Verify.
Position Type: Part-time
Salary Range: Up to $20,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes