Join our SCF Finance Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for supervising, directing, and managing the operations of the Cashiering Office and Fee Payment as it relates to student fee issues and the collection and deposit of all College receipts in accordance with established procedures and State Regulations. This position also includes supervision of third-party billing and student debt collections. It involves coordination with the offices of Enrollment Services, Educational Records, Financial Aid Services, Information Technology Services and Finance.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Directs collection of student fees, student accounts receivable, government agency and third-party vendor payments and internal agency deposits in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies and establishes internal control procedures to safeguard College resources. This includes supervising student debt collections (using a third-party debt collector) and the setup of internal payment plans for student debt as needed.
2. Establishes and monitors procedures for proper disbursement of student loans, refunds, and financial aid awards in accordance with applicable regulations and policies. Oversees changes and maintenance of the fee schedule and assists with the posting of information and announcements both on the SCF portal and through targeted emails.
3. Hires, supervises, evaluates, and coaches staff under supervision in the performance of student related accounting and accounts receivable duties. This includes oversight of the student accounting function (including third party billing) and the student debt collection function.
4. Manages and directs overall operations of the Cashiering Office and Fee Payment to ensure that all student related account discrepancies are resolved in a timely and efficient manner and that consistent optimum service is available.
5. Ensures proper recording and accountability of financial transactions for registration fees, financial aid awards, refunds, billings, waivers, student accounts receivable, collections and disbursements. Responsible for the reconciliation of all moneys received through any payment method including online, mail, EFT, and in person, to include the receipt, posting, and necessary return of all Chapter 33 VA payments.
6. Makes recommendations on proposed changes to policy and establishment of new, improved procedures. Responsible for training and dissemination of information for Banner upgrades to all Cashiering and Fee Payment office staff. Assists Financial Aid Services staff with troubleshooting, testing and implementation of corrective actions for the Banner process.
7. Coordinates with the offices of Educational Records, Financial Aid Services, Enrollment Services, Information Technology Services and Finance to establish void for non-payment dates and other fee payment and disbursement schedules as necessary. Assists the College Registrar in the development of the academic calendar to establish void, fee payment and disbursement schedules for the refunding of all grants, loans, and scholarships.
8. Prepares year end accounting reports, aging's and reconciliations as required; assists with year-end activities such as accruals. Manages the 1098-T tax form reporting and file submittal processes. Oversees all activities related to the collection and disbursement of student refunds through BankMobile, and the distribution of information to pertinent parties.
9. Attends or conducts staff and other professional meetings to exchange information.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
•Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related field and three or more years’ related experience and/or training, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Supervisory Experience: Three years’ direct supervisory experience, including responsibility for performance management, training and coaching .
•Certificates and Licenses: The job requires the employee to be bondable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Special note about completion of application: You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application.
Good luck in the recruiting process!
Public Records: All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. Veteran Preference: This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings, credit history and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Cashiering & Fee Payment
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 08:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $46,303.00 - $73,159.00
Job Open Date: 05/25/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3103178
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-9896a92c9fb70b43aab06f6e3e44332e