Coordinator, Financial Aid
Coordinator, Financial Aid
Join our SCF Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: This position will serve as the lead communication coordinator for the College’s Financial Aid department and is directly responsible for supervising the lobby area to ensure staff and student workers are promptly addressing needs. Provides oversight for the day to day operations as directed by the Director of Financial Aid. Coordinates the customer experience within the Financial Aid office, via all modalities for students, faculty, staff and the community. Provides continuous student experience training and serves as point of contact for initial issues and will coordinate escalations as appropriate. Knowledge of overall office operations and customer experience excellence in the financial aid office. Provides limited administrative functions for the Director of Financial Aid with overall budget and purchasing processes.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Oversees the organization and maintenance of electronic and hard copy files (some of which may be confidential) and files correspondence and other records.
2. Assists leadership in the development of a comprehensive communication plan from application for aid to graduation. Responsible for coordinating all communications sent from financial aid to include but not limited to: email, text messaging, letter generation, etc.
3. Prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records to meet office needs.
4. Provides oversight for the day-to-day customer service operations, as instructed by the Director of Financial Aid, while supporting a work environment that promotes mutual collaboration and continuous learning and development for all members.
5. Maintains administrative inventory, orders and maintains supplies, and processes payments according to College requisition system. Arranges for equipment maintenance and/or facility maintenance. May handle petty cash.
6. Assists with preparation of department budget and maintains budget expenditures and balances.
7. Participates in enrollment management meetings, as necessary, to understand business processes and assists in identifying improvements in the process to improve student experience with financial aid.
8. Works closely with cross-functional areas within Division to increase financial aid knowledge and literacy to support enrollment and retention efforts of the institution by strategically developing, evaluating and updating communications plans.
9. Troubleshoots student, faculty and staff concerns, and delegating as necessary.
10. Ensures financial aid is in compliance with the Department of Education's Consumer Information regulations (additions and updates as required).
11. Responsible for maintaining and developing updated content for the financial aid's website. Serves as the Department's Web Manager and responsible for content accuracy.
12. Serves as primary contact for SCF's Default Management process inquiries and guiding towards resolution.
13. Represents the College on committees and projects as required.
14. Supervises and evaluates direct reports and student workers and ensures staff are trained on customer service skills and knowledge on procedures and processes.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and one or more years’ related experience and/or training. Ability to access and update student records utilizing Department of Education software such as National Student Loan Database Systems (NSLDS) and Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) websites.
Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a supervisor, with responsibility for hiring, firing, and assigning work, training new employees, and assisting others with problems is required.
Special Instructions to Applicants: All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Financial Aid Office
Work Schedule: 12 month
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $37,111.00 - $58,635.00
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4151290
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-d4f79ec2f06ed54cad012b297dd65d66