Department Assistant (Program Associate)
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
This position is responsible for purchasing and program support for the Ringling Museum's Facilities Department which includes Custodial, Landscape and Maintenance.
- Enters and tracks purchase orders and processes invoices into internal system (OMNI). Assists in obtaining quotes and preparing Expenditure Request forms when supervisors need assistance.
- Tracks Certificates of Insurance of service suppliers to ensure they maintain required worker's compensation and liability insurance.
- Prepares all P-Card information, submits to Accounting within established timeline, and tracks to make sure items/services ordered are received/completed. Tracks all expenses against budget on a spreadsheet and reconciles against Accounting's monthly budget reports. Maintains department vendor and other files.
- Enters and updates equipment and inventory in Facility Dude program. Shares responsibility with Maintenance Supervisor of monitoring and assigning work orders and tracking associated expenditures. Trains new staff in Facility Dude program. Uses golf cart to traverse campus.
- Provides program and administrative support to Assistant Director of Facilities & Grounds and staff in Facilities department. Gathers information and prepares Weekly and Monthly reports required by the Deputy Director of F&A. Takes and transcribes minutes of the bi-monthly and quarterly Chiller Plant meetings. Provides backup minute taking at Board committee meetings.
- Monitors and tracks usage of unleaded/diesel fuel from Museum venues to determine when it's running low and needs to be ordered. Coordinates repairs and placement of water coolers and orders water for campus-wide use. Maintains copy machine and orders repairs and supplies as needed. Maintains and orders office supplies for department. Orders staff uniforms as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/equivalent and four years of experience. (Note: Higher education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Valid Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications and basic computer functions, to include experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel or comparable software.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Please note: A Microsoft Word and Excel work sample will be administered if selected for interview
- Previous experience with purchasing, invoicing, vendor communication, obtaining quotes, tracking deliveries, etc.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and etiquette.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
Up to $35,000 based on education, skills, and experience. Find out more about our benefits under the "FSU Total Rewards" section.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a one hour meal period.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority, and certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements, in employment by the state and its political subdivisions and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. Veterans' Preference applies to University Support Personnel System (USPS) positions only.
IMPORTANT: To claim Veterans' Preference, select “yes” to the question on the application questionnaire and upload a DD-214 (or equivalent), the Veterans' Preference Certification form, and other documentation if applicable with your online application before midnight of the position closing date.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity
Employer Willing to Train: Yes