DeSoto Club Teen Front Desk
Function: Teen Front Desk is responsible for the reception area (Front Desk) at the club. Includes the greeting of all guests, answering phone calls, assisting guests with questions regarding the Boys & Girls Club services, managing front desk data and sign in and sign out information. Managing club intake and monthly fees and charging for services performed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (NOTE *Not all-inclusive)
- Acknowledge and greet everyone who enters and leaves the Club’s facilities.
- Accurately enter member’s daily attendance into the computer system with skill and proficiency.
- Maintains master schedule of Club activities, events, collects and disseminates information to Club members and families.
- Provide detailed descriptions of BGCMC, packages, services, facility features and hours of operations.
- Maintain membership accounts (financial payments and updates).
- Complete all daily reports (financial and attendance).
- Process member registrations.
- Maintain and manage member rosters.
- Assist with member application data entry as needed.
- Assist Administrative Assistant with attendance records.
- Fill in for Administrative Assistant at the front desk when they are absent.
- Manage sign-ups for field trips and take payments.
- Monitor and manage sign in and sign out processes daily of members, volunteers, visitors.
- Maintain eye contact when addressing external and internal guests.
- Answer the phone promptly and use the guest’s name throughout the conversation.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally, accurately and immediately, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Actively promote the Club, services, programs and promotions.
- Monitor office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
- Maintain a clean, safe, fully stocked and well-organized work area.
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the club.
- Assist in all areas of the Club operation as requested by management.
- Communicate to management all occurrences involving staff and guests in the club that require attention.
- Performs regular administrative and office duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor.
- Proofreads all materials for accuracy properly prior to supervisory review.
- Relationships: Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club Staff (Professional and Volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct and advise/counsel External: Maintains contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participate in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is Part-Time.
- High School Degree and/or at least 2 years of administrative assistant experience.
- Ability to relate to children and parents.
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft office programs, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Access.
- Basic knowledge of proper filing procedures.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills (Be on time for your shift) and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Required HIV/AIDS Bloodborne Pathogens, CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Valid State Driver’s License and must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Able to input, store, process, and output information on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds during a standard shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
- -FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
- -Paid Time Off and $100 Sign-on Bonus
- -401(k) Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
- -Hourly Range –Most positions start at $15.00 per hour; School sites may differ.
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Type: Part-time
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes