Registration Specialist/Testing Coordinator (Bradenton)
Join our SCF Collegiate School Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more! Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary:This position is a member of the Collegiate School student services office and assumes multiple roles, predominately as the registration specialist in educational records for middle school, high school and the college, and testing coordinator for state mandated exams for grades 6-12. The registrar facilitates student enrollment, record keeping and storage in compliance with federal, state and local guidelines. This position assists with the graduation processes and degree checks for both a high school diploma and an Associate of Arts degree. The testing coordinator is responsible to oversee/supervise the effective implementation of required state and county and district assessments for grades 6-12. This position provides training to school staff in proctoring mandated assessments as well as facilitates the administration of state mandated assessments, while coordinating with the Manatee County School District and the Coordinator, Technology. Additionally, the Testing Coordinator will certify ethical testing practice within the school building. This position is also part of the Student Services and Data teams to provide information and analysis as requested.
Job Description: Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Maintains, monitors and manages an accurate K-12 and college student database according to federal and state laws and district policies and procedures. Adds and withdraws students, updates personal demographic information and creates student schedules for the middle and high school students.
2. Coordinates quarterly grade reporting, including directing teachers in the procedure, collecting, and printing, mailing and filing the grade reports. Provides data for various reports that may include grade reporting, October and February accountability reports and eligibility for honors or awards.
3. Assists with high school and college end of term processing including posting final grades and printing and mailing report cards and testing documents.
4. Maintains regular contact with faculty and administration regarding student grade changes, grade point averages, and academic standings. May assist in notifying parents.
5. Facilitates the student enrollment process by obtaining required paperwork, such as requesting records from previous schools; birth certificate, immunization records, standardized test results and grade reports. Determining residency requirements and informing families of our school and district policies. Transcribes graduation credits of transferring students. Copies and mails student records as requested, and oversees the care and storage of cumulative files.
6. Assists in the coordination of college and scholarship applications, providing a transcript and other requested information.
7. Builds the master high school schedule with administration, faculty and student requests. Examines student schedules to ensure they are complete and accurate. Makes any schedule changes and corrections as needed. Facilitates the distribution of schedules to students.
8. Provides student information systems training for new and existing employees and responds to requests for assistance in use of FOCUS the Manatee County Student Data System.
9. Maintains confidentiality of information required by the State of Florida's FERPA laws. Responsible for maintaining and purging student records in compliance with Florida's record retention requirements.
10. Coordinates the administration of all statewide assessments for middle school, high school and SCF, including preparation before and follow up after testing windows. Implements all policies and procedures for the statewide assessment as directed by the Test Coordinator's Manual, the Test Administration Manual & the Florida Department of Education (FDOE).
11. Adheres to all state policy regarding the reporting of security breaches and/or infractions. Assures the security of all secure testing documents. Adheres to all established timelines. Assures the accurate completion of all testing documents. Assures that students with disabilities take the correct tests and that students receive appropriate testing accommodations. Assures that appropriate testing environments are maintained and documentation is in order for possible audits.
12. Trains teachers in test security and administration; assures implementation of security and administration procedures. Collaborates with Information Technology regarding training for computer-based testing and predicts and complies with technological requirements.
13. Maintains school level records and documents for all statewide testing. Communicates and coordinates with school administration related to all School Testing Coordinator (STC) functions.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education/Experience: Associate degree or equivalent; and one to two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supervisory: One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee, with responsibility for training teachers in test security and administration, and assisting others with problems as required.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with college course equivalencies and degree completion requirements .
Special Instructions to Applicants All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks. Department Name: SCF Collegiate School Campus: Bradenton Work Schedule: 12 month Work Hours From: 8:00 am Work Hours To: 5:00 pm Total Hours Per Week: 40 hours per week Requested Start Date: ASAP Job Type: Benefits Eligible: Yes Hiring Range: $13.58 - $20.35 per hour (please note that majority of applicants will be offered at midpoint of range) FLSA: Non-Exempt Job Open Date: 12/03/2021 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2684951 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-14ecb8ea3823134f80399cd18d090383
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year