Specialist, Office of the Registrar
Specialist, Office of the Registrar
Join our SCF Office of the Registrar Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, Paid Winter Break! (Upon Board Approval), and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: This position provides support for all functions of the Student Services area related to articulation, transcript evaluations, office assistance, international students, and residency reclassification. This position plays a key role in the transfer articulation module and the download of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) transcripts. This position provides services to students, advisors, faculty, various departments, outside personnel and external agencies concerning post-secondary transfer work and international student services.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Processes reclassification of students as residents or non-residents of the State of Florida for residency purposes and assigns fees accordingly. This includes verification of receipt of all proper documentation prior to the reclassification.
2. Establish on a case-by-case basis that documents are “clear and convincing”, credible, verifiable, trustworthy, and sufficient to prove that the established legal residency in Florida is not solely for the purpose of pursuing an education at SCF. Prepare follow up status communications to Student and Parents and make Approval / Declination recommendations to the Review Committee.
3. Analyzes and troubleshoots system problems concerning student records and transcripts; reviews current processes, evaluates and implements changes for improvement.
4. Analyzes, authenticates, researches and processes official documents submitted for evaluation of all transfer credits, including but not limited to acceleration and military credits and evaluates documents based on accreditation policy and guidelines.
5. International student services, including but not limited to the review of submitted applications for required information and documentation. Follow up on outstanding issues, confirm eligibility and status verification. Track status updates accordingly. Assist with the preparation and participation in International Student Week.
6. Review and research student enrollment verification requests. Prepare and send verification letters to various organizations seeking information concerning student enrollment status. Provide responses to governmental agency inquires (FBI, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement Organizations).
7. Review, research, and process student tuition waiver requests. Maintain tracking control log of all processed tuition waiver requests.
8. Answers, researches, records and resolves all questions related to a student's college/university transfer or high school credit evaluation. Questions may be received via phone, mail, email or in person from students, faculty and staff.
9. Responds to inquiries from faculty, staff, students, other college/university personnel and the general public concerning course equivalencies. 10. Keeps abreast of current SACS and Florida Department of Education requirements and policies concerning accreditation, transfer work, degree requirements, etc.
11. Responsible for scanning and indexing files into the document imaging system. This includes creating, filing, maintaining and purging student records in compliance with Florida's record retention requirements.
12. Provides quality customer service through the departmental phone queue, email inquiries and assisting at the front desk. This involves processing time sensitive information including, but not limited to registration, grades, verifications, transcripts, etc. and may involve evening hour coverage on a rotating basis.
13. Assists with the end-of-term processing of grades, including associated reports, processing and generating letters to students for academic standings, Dean's and President's lists.
14. Serves on campus wide committees as assigned; serves as a backup for other personnel with the department as needed; other duties as assigned.
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two or more years’ related experience and/or training; one year of programming or database experience; experience with college curricula and courses, transfer course articulation and experience with degree audits, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead employee” with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees and assisting others with problems.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Office of the Registrar
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00am
Work Hours To: 4:30pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $15.60-$21.90
Job Open Date: 05/23/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4212363
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-697aa9b88ec17c4b94ff9179c689da55
Position Type: Full-time