Specialist, Recruitment and New Student
Specialist, Recruitment and New Student
Join our SCF Enrollment Services Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: The Recruitment and New Student Specialist conducts and assists the coordination of off-campus recruitment and outreach activities providing services that will facilitate the transition of new students into the college community. The position’s purpose is to increase the number of applicants, serve residents throughout the SCF region, and enroll a vibrant student body. This staff member will meet with prospective students and their parents, high school counselors and administrators, various groups on and off campuses, and other contacts to promote the opportunities offered at the all of SFC’s campuses. Particular attention will be given to targeted high school populations that add to the geographical diversity of the student body throughout the region. A significant part of the recruitment process will be establishing and nurturing relationships that can serve as a conduit for students to learn about SCF and the entire portfolio offered throughout the institution’s 3 campuses and Online program.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Manage assigned high school recruiting territory and maintain exceptional working relationships with high school guidance counselors, administrators, and teachers. Be knowledgeable about all aspects of the admissions process for new students, including admissions policies and procedures, standardized tests, financial aid, costs, placement exams, registration procedures, etc.
2. Represent SCF and deliver recruitment presentations at the high schools and at community events. Implement programming to recruit, identify and track students interested in SCF. Adhere to the specific admission targets and fulfill identified recruitment goals.
3. Communicate with prospective students, applicants and parents via phone calls, emails, social media and mailings. Guide students and families through the admissions process. Meet with prospective students and families in a variety of settings. Follow-up with applicants to encourage submission of all required application materials, advanced tuition, etc.
4. Coordinate and participate in college recruitment initiatives both on the college campus and in the service area to include campus tours, workshops, and open house events.
5. Assist in the facilitation of new student orientation sessions and other orientation program activities. During peak times, travel to SCF Bradenton may be required to assist with orientations.
6. Participate in the development of the annual college-wide recruitment and orientation calendar. Participate in the development of outreach and orientation publications, materials, and technologies.
7. Participate in the development and implementation of the institutional recruitment plan. Develop and implement strategies to: establish relationships with organizations, groups and individuals that can influence prospective students; identify prospective students and encourage them to apply for admission; and best utilize time, effort, and achieving recruitment goals.
8. Assist with calling, email and social media campaigns/communications to ensure students move successfully through the admissions and enrollment process.
9. Report statistical data on outreach initiatives/activities, inquiry and application numbers and conversion reports, and orientation as requested.
10. Serves on college-wide committees and advisory boards as assigned.
11. Position requires extensive regional travel, flexible schedule and some evening/weekend events will be required with ability to perform with limited supervision and independently during travel.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree from a two-year college and two years related experience in sales, customer service, account management or higher education recruitment required.
Knowledge of the related geographical area, local cultures, interests and needs of local residents preferred. Knowledge of collegiate recruitment, admissions, and registration practices preferred. Leadership experience preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Enrollment Services
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: 5/2/2022
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $15.00 - $22.39
Job Open Date: 04/19/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3016441
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-0424128ceef932458dc265378dee40a5