1st Shift Museum Attendants (Part-Time/OPS) - 54309
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-358-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
Museum Attendants work a variety of assigned posts and events in all buildings on the museum grounds and at The Asolo Repertory Theater, as well as patrol buildings and grounds on foot and by golf cart. Museum Attendants are responsible for the safety of all staff and visitors and the protection of the collection, buildings, and grounds. This position will occasionally utilize computers to write reports, send correspondences, and submit work orders.
Duties will include:
- Customer service oriented at all times to include enforcing policies and interacting with guests, briefly responding to visitor/staff requests and questions to the best of their ability in a courteous manner, and/or directing them to where they can find the information.
- Guarding against theft, vandalism, and other damage.
- Assisting with urgent/emergency situations, such as accidents/injuries, medical emergencies, theft, vandalism, and other incidents calmly and in a timely manner.
- Conducting daily inspections of assigned areas and escorting staff and guests.
- Monitoring visitor activity to ensure adherence to museum/Asolo policies and procedures.
- Customer Service skills in assisting visitors and patrons of the museum by providing direction to various locations of the buildings and/or grounds and answering general questions, as needed.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply campus rules and regulations related to work performed.
- Valid driver's license to operate golf carts as needed.
- Please note that learner's permits are not acceptable.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
While helpful, these skills are not required to be considered for this role.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Experience in a museum, cultural institution, or non-profit organization.
- Prior experience in approaching work and interaction with colleagues and/or students in an equity-minded manner.
- Ability to promote an inclusive and welcoming work/education environment.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$13 per hour
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Although listed as "temporary," please note this is not a seasonal/summer position.
Bi-weekly rotating schedule is as follows:
- Week 1: Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Week 2: Friday, Monday, and Thursday from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM (8 PM clock out time on Thursdays with scheduled events)
Please note this schedule is not flexible and applicants must be available for the schedule as listed.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Position Type: Part-time
Salary Range: Up to $20,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity
Employer Willing to Train: Yes