Assistant Shift Supervisor (Security) 10:15 PM to 6:45 AM
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-538-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
The Assistant Shift Supervisor provides quality customer service and ensures the safety and security of all employees, volunteers, and visitors. This position is responsible for the protection of the Ringling collection and historic buildings and associated facilities, including numerous objects of art and memorabilia on display in assigned venues.
- Follows and ensures that Security staff follows the Ringling Security Operating Guidelines. Patrols the campus and guards against theft, vandalism and other occurrences, potential or actual, which could result in loss or damage to the collection. Performs routine inspections of assigned posts/venues. Utilizes a golf cart, multi-line telephone and two-way radio. Monitors parking areas and surrounding exterior areas of venues. In the absence of the Security Supervisor, the incumbent may supervise, direct and monitor the performance of security personnel in their duties and assist when necessary.
- Serves as alternate Surveillance Operator for the Surveillance Operation Center (SOC). Monitors conditions on campus and communicates important information with the appropriate personnel. Utilizes electronic security systems, access control points, closed circuit video systems, fire and weather monitoring systems, and computers.
- Performs as public safety officer in the absence of the Safety & Security Coordinator and Security Supervisors. Responds to incidents and emergencies, which may require the ability to walk significant distances and or climb/descend stairs quickly. Assists individuals involved in accidents or when injured on campus. Assists in execution of emergency plans concerning evacuation of venues in the event of fire, disasters, or other emergency situations.
- Prepares written reports of accidents, incidents, and general conditions as necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License or ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position including but not limited to the ability to walk significant distances often and or climb/descend stairs quickly in order to respond to emergencies.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to create effective working relationships.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
The anticipated rate of pay will be $15 per hour + 10% shift differential. Find out more about our benefits under the "FSU Total Rewards" section.
Per FSU policy, Pay Additives, incumbents are eligible to receive shift differential pay. Eligibility may be assigned when an incumbent's scheduled working hours fall within the evening (between 6 PM and 12 AM) or night shift (12 AM and 6 AM), and is subject to provisions specified in applicable collective bargaining agreements, if any.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Tuesday - Saturday from 10:15 PM to 6:45 AM with a half hour meal period. The incumbent may be required to work a flexible schedule including days, weekends, special events, and holidays.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity
Employer Willing to Train: Yes