Event Logistics Assistant (Part-Time/OPS) - 54311
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-358-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Event Logistics Assistants play an important role assisting the logistical set up of venues for events to include carrying & moving tables, chairs, lighting and other items during events at The Ringling.
This role interacts with a variety of events from smaller ones such as Acoustic Sunsets to large scale events like Ringling Underground or weddings. You would be responsible for:
- Ensure all logistical set ups are complete and cleared in a timely manner.
- Assists in oversight of vendor load-ins and load-outs.
- Interfaces with client, vendors, guests and Museum staff at various events.
- Maintains safety of property in conjunction with security staff.
- Enforces established rules and policies for sound, guests, and vendor conduct.
- Set up and operate A/V equipment.
- Serve as point of contact for rental events.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients and vendors.
- Attend weekly planning meetings.
- Maintain event equipment and supplies.
- Please note this is a physical job and will require the ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs. and walk distances.
- A flexible schedule that can accommodate evenings (some as late as 1:00 AM), mornings, weekends, or holidays based on the needs of The Ringling.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License or ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Please note, a driver's permit is not acceptable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as ability to self-direct work at various times
- Previous event logistic experience.
- Experience with A/V equipment.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$15.75 per hour.
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Although listed as "temporary," please note this is not a seasonal/summer position.
This role has a dynamic schedule that is determined by planned events at The Ringling.
Events are scheduled at minimum 2 weeks in advance of an event and can include evenings (some as late as 1:00 AM), mornings, weekends, or holidays based on the needs of The Ringling. Additional support is often needed during high season each year between October – May.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Position Type: Part-time
Salary Range: Up to $20,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity
Employer Willing to Train: Yes