Event Logistics Assistant (Part-Time/OPS) - 54311
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida, and is a department of Florida State University. Learn more about The Ringling at https://ringling.org/employment!
Event Logistics Assistants play an important role assisting the logistical set up of venues for events to include carrying & moving tables, chairs, lighting and other items during events at The Ringling.
This role interacts with a variety of events from smaller ones such as Acoustic Sunsets to large scale events like Ringling Underground or weddings. You would be responsible for:
- Ensure all logistical set ups are complete and cleared in a timely manner.
- Assists in oversight of vendor load-ins and load-outs.
- Interfaces with client, vendors, guests and Museum staff at various events.
- Maintains safety of property in conjunction with security staff.
- Enforces established rules and policies for sound, guests, and vendor conduct.
- Set up and operate A/V equipment.
- Serve as point of contact for rental events.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients and vendors.
- Attend weekly planning meetings.
- Maintain event equipment and supplies.
- Please note this is a physical job and will require the ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs. and walk distances.
- A flexible schedule that can accommodate evenings (some as late as 1:00 AM), mornings, weekends, or holidays based on the needs of The Ringling.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License or ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Please note, a driver's permit is not acceptable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as ability to self-direct work at various times
- Previous event logistic experience.
- Experience with A/V equipment.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Rate of Pay: $15.75 per hour
Working Hours: This role has a dynamic schedule that is determined by planned events at The Ringling. Events are scheduled at minimum 2 weeks in advance of an event and can include evenings (some as late as 1:00 AM), mornings, weekends, or holidays based on the needs of The Ringling. Additional support is often needed during high season each year between October – May.
- This position is based in Sarasota, FL
- This is an OPS/temporary job.
- This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
For more information, technical assistance, or should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org. *****
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
Position Type: Part-time
Salary Range: Up to $20,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity
Employer Willing to Train: Yes