Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-538-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Museum Groundskeepers perform landscaping and grounds maintenance duties for The Ringling Museum's 66 acre gardens and grounds including:
- Maintains tree, plants, shrubs, flowers and grass as directed through pruning, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, leaf blowing, raking and mulching.
- Monitors for disease and insect damage and weeds. Reports problems to supervisor and then treats as directed. Fertilizes plants, shrubs, trees and grass on a seasonal basis.
- Plants and transplants plants, trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Monitors irrigation needs, waters as directed and reports problems to supervisor.
- Operates equipment such as trimmers, hedgers, mowers, edgers, and sweepers. Reports maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Provides information about the plants to visitors and responds to questions.
- Drives motorized vehicles to traverse campus.
- Completion of 9th grade education or higher.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Please note, a driver's permit is not acceptable.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position to include ability to lift 50 pounds, walk long distances, and work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Ability to perform groundskeeping work including the transplanting, cultivation, pruning, and trimming of plants, shrubs, and trees.
- Ability to complete in first year of hire Best Management Practices – Pest.
- All training is provided by The Ringling.
*Please note that due to the working hours and need to drive a golf cart, applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$15 per hour. Find out more about our comprehensive benefits package under the "FSU Total Rewards" section.
Museum employees also receive:
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Working hours are Monday – Friday from 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM with a half-hour lunch period. Please note that evenings, weekends, holidays, or events may be required based on the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity
Employer Willing to Train: Yes