Overnight Museum Attendant (Part-Time/OPS)
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida, and is a department of Florida State University. Learn more about The Ringling at https://ringling.org/employment!
- Patrols 66 acre campus on a golf cart and on foot.
- Protects collection, buildings, and grounds including guarding against theft, vandalism, other damage, and the safety of those on the property.
- Assists with urgent/emergency situations in a calm and timely manner.
- Ability to utilize computers to write reports, send correspondences, and submit work orders as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license to operate golf carts.
- Please note that learner's permits are not acceptable.
- Experience in handling/addressing policy violations and conflict resolution.
- Ability to:
- Utilize computers and learn new technology.
- Quickly learn and apply campus rules and regulations related to work.
- Work independently and with a team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to follow instructions
Rate of Pay: $16.00 per hour
Working Hours: Approximately 28 hours per week. Shift runs from 10:15 PM to 6:45 AM with a half hour meal period. Weekends, days, or holidays may be required based on the needs of The Ringling.
- This position is based in Sarasota, FL.
- This is an OPS/temporary job.
- Based on the duties, this position may require completion of a criminal history background check.
For more information, technical assistance, or should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
Position Type: Part-time
Salary Range: Up to $20,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity
Employer Willing to Train: Yes