Part-Time Admissions Associate (OPS) - 54383
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-358-2773.
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Admissions Associates play a vital role in creating a welcoming and positive experience to a wide variety of people. They serve as the first contact with guests of the museum and complete a variety of tasks daily including:
- Answering questions and providing information about ticket options at The Ringling.
- Selling and processing memberships and tickets for general admission and tours.
- Accurately handling payments, cash, and ticket distribution.
- This role at times will also assist with events or other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to handling cash accurately.
- Ability to be trained on and use web-based computer ticketing system (Tessitura).
- Skill and ability to work effectively with diverse populations including the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) in-person, via telephone, and email.
- Ability to stand for up to longer periods of time, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
While helpful, these skills are not required to be considered for this role.
- Previous experience or knowledge of web-based computer ticketing systems such as Tessitura.
- Verbal fluency in additional language(s) besides English.
- Experience with or the ability to make helpful purchase recommendations to visitors including upselling.
- Experience with or the ability to remain calm during busier times, such as a long line of visitors waiting to purchase tickets, and while maintaining a strong focus on providing a positive customer service experience
- Ability to promote an inclusive and welcoming work/education environment.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-358-2773 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$13.00 per hour and Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Although listed as "temporary" please note this is not a seasonal/summer position.
Typical working hours total approximately 24 hours per week over a varied schedule that may include weekends, evenings, and holidays may be required per the needs of the Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Position Type: Part-time
Salary Range: Up to $20,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity
Employer Willing to Train: Yes