Part-Time Preparator (OPS)
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
The Ringling Museum of Art is seeking to fill a part-time preparator position ( 20 hours per week average ). The Preparator department is one of three teams in the Collections Department of the museum. The Preparator team is responsible for all handling, installation, transportation, framing, packing/crating, lighting, rigging, and fabrication of casework and supports of all objects within the museum’s custody.
The Part-Time Preparator reports directly to the Senior Preparator and works in a larger team setting and occasionally on individual projects.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience installing art/artifacts within a gallery or museum.
- Solid carpentry skills (proficient in using table saw, chop saw, and hand tools).
- Painting experience.
- Ability to deadlift 50 lbs. or more, climb ladders, and work at heights 20’ or higher.
- Experience using pallet jacks/J bars/dollies/hand trucks.
- Experience driving vans/trucks (16’ – 26’ trucks).
- Valid Driver’s License or ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Background in Art/Art History (academic or vocational).
- Experience with museum collections policies/procedures.
- Gallery lighting experience/driving lifts.
- Experience with AV systems.
- Matting/framing experience.
- Art/Artifact transportation/packing.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$15 to $17 per hour based on selected candidate's education, experience, and skills.
Museum employees also receive:
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Although listed as "temporary," please note this is not a seasonal/summer position.
Part-time working 20 hours a week on average. Working days and hours will fall between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
Position Type: Full-time,Part-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year
Employer Type: Government Entity
Employer Willing to Train: Yes