Lead Auto Mechanic
Searching for a safe and supportive auto shop where you feel accomplished every day? Join a fun, diverse team of people who get excited by the idea of getting in and getting the job done. We're looking for people to join the team at our Firestone Complete Auto Care in Sarasota. As well as a competitive salary, you'll get lots of opportunities for career progression, as well as a wide range of financial, health and lifestyle benefits, including dental & vision insurance, paid time off, EAP and more.
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY AND GET:
• Paid training and support for ASE certifications
• Opportunities for advancement
• Tool and resource support
• A huge range of benefits
We are looking for a motivated Lead Automotive Technician/ Mechanic to join a safe and stable team of vehicle and customer service professionals. Duties of the Lead Auto Tech include servicing vehicles, engaging with customers, and leading the team towards the best customer care and satisfaction. The ideal candidate should have advanced automotive repair experience and training. If you fit this description, we’d like to meet you.
• Diagnose and repair to specifications brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems
• Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals
• Stay current with rapidly changing automotive technology through continuous paid formal training
• Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities
• Reading, writing and math skills
• Must have a valid automobile driver’s license at all times and be able to drive customer and company vehicles.
• Must have a minimum 3 years of automotive repair experience, completion of Vocational-Technical School program in a related field or demonstrated skills via third party certificates/assessment.
• A.S.E. certification in at least 3 (three) of A1-A8 is required. (New hires with external similar qualifications/certifications will have up to 2 years of employment to comply)
• Maintains Federal, State and Local certification/license where applicable.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
One important point... The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job, which will be shared when you speak with our recruiter.
About Us Firestone Complete Auto Care is part of Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO) within Bridgestone Americas and employs over 22,000 teammates in North America. BSRO operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores, including Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus and Wheel Works locations. With locations across North America and more than $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career. We start by offering each teammate more than just competitive pay. We provide formal training, performance incentives, paid vacation and holidays, competitive healthcare packages for full-time and part-time employees, and a 401k plan to help build towards your future. We believe people can only provide superior service and quality to others when they are allowed to bring their whole self to work and know they are supported.
Salary Range: $41,000 - $60,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company