- Bonus and Incentive Pay
- Eligible for a Monthly Incentive Program dependent on performance
- Eligible for a company-wide bonus that is dependent on the company meeting performance goals.
- Equivalent to 0 - 3 weeks of additional pay, prorated for the first year.
- Benefits Medical Insurance Dental Insurance 401(K) + Employer Matching Life Insurance - Wesco Turf provides $50,000 of life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Eligible for Safety Shoe and Goggle Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays after 30 Days
- Paid Time Off after 90 Days
Provide support to the Sarasota Shop Team to ensure the shop can respond to our customer’s needs, exceeding their expectations for quality repairs, quick turnaround time, and meeting promise dates.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Accurately test, troubleshoot, and diagnose failures on hydraulic, electrical systems, and gasoline and diesel engines
- Perform all repairs to meet quality control standards and in accordance with SRT.
- Prepare accurate estimates for parts & labor.
- Documents issues in a clear and concise manner, showing cause for failure and correction.
- Grind bed knives, reels and blades to the customers requested settings.
- Use the computer for parts lookup and to keep up with communications through email.
- Read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Welding as needed
- Assembly of new equipment to customer specs and within SST Preparation of Demo, Loaner, Pre-owned sale and rental units according to request and specifications
- Strive for continuous improvements by learning the product from the manuals provided.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills, integrity, honesty, motivation, and dedication to duty must be a daily work ethic to maintain company goals. Each team member is expected to improve their skills and themselves, either by formal education in a related area or by on-the-job training beyond their current position
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork and cooperation with leadership staff, peers and all other departments.
Must be skilled in maintenance and repair of turf equipment. Must have the ability to read, interpret and understand schematics. Must have the ability to work alone and with others in the team environment. Must have own tools to work on equipment, Standard and metric. Specialty tools provided. Must have the ability to read and understand work instructions. Must be able to perform diagnostic tests to identify and rebuild/repair malfunctions on all equipment.
Education and/or Experience
High school or equivalent experience at vocational, technical trade school or training seminars in the commercial turf industry
Minimum of five years’ experience or related field experience in Mechanical Field Training courses, schools, and seminars a plus
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $41,000 - $60,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes
Wesco Turf, Inc