Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium is seeking full-time and part-time, day and evening shift, custodial staff who are responsible for maintaining a clean venue, laboratory and offices for all visitors and staff, always following Mote policies and procedures while having great attention to detail with integrity and pride. A generous benefits package is included for full time employees.
Our ideal Day Porter will have some experience in the customer service or janitorial industry and is comfortable interacting with both staff and visitors while enjoying everything Mote has to offer. They will have a great attendance record and will have a demonstrated record of good communication skills with customers and supervisors. A good eye for detail and the ability to work independently is a must.
Evening Shift custodial staff will perform various cleaning tasks on a scheduled basis and as needed. Areas of accountability include, but are not limited to bathrooms, carpets & floors, trash, mirrors & windows, counters & shelves, elevators, employee office & break rooms and restrooms, stairwells, specific areas of exhibits, such as the outside of tanks & viewing windows, ceilings, special event rooms, and other assigned areas.
- Perform routine tasks accurately and efficiently
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Possess time management and organizational skills
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment- growth mindset
- Utilize independent judgment to address basic custodial issues
- Ability to work in both inside or outside in hot/humid Florida weather conditions
- Ability to spend the majority of the workday walking, standing, bending and lifting.
- Tolerance to work around noisy machinery & equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift and carry cleaning equipment and supplies
- Ability to clean overhead and within upward reach
- Capable of working around chlorine and other sanitizing chemicals
Interested applicants should apply on line by choosing 2021 Custodial Services at https://mote.smapply.org/prog/job_applicants or mail a single package including cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and the contact information for three references to Mote Marine Laboratory, Attn: Human Resources, 1600 Ken Thompson Parkway, Sarasota, FL 34236 before 5pm December 10, 2021.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected category. Mote participates in E-Verify and this position is subject to a criminal history background check.
Position Type: Full-time,Part-time
Salary Range: $21,000 - $40,000/year
Employer Type: Private Company
Employer Willing to Train: Yes