Adjunct - 3 D Studio Art
Arts and Letters Department is seeking a 3 D Studio Art Adjunct. An adjunct faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned by the Department Chair, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students. The position of an adjunct faculty member is temporary, and is contracted as needed.
- Teaches all courses as assigned.
- Maintains attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Prepares course syllabi (if not provided by the Department).
- Prepares instructional materials (if not provided by Department).
- Delivers course content in an effective manner to support student learning and meets the designated student learning outcomes.
- Meets all scheduled classes on the assigned day /time.
- Uses scheduled class time appropriately.
- Makes oneself available to students and college officials as needed.
- 1Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
- Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
- Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that governs the educational process.
- Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting attendance, grades, and other reports within college deadlines.
- During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the respective Department Chair or supervising academic administrator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
- Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
- Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective teaching techniques.
- Develops, maintains and promotes a positive working environment among departmental faculty.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the respective Department Chair or other supervising academic administrator.
Be able to teach Wheel Throwing, Ceramics, and advanced Ceramics.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference.
Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Humanities, Arts, and Letters
Work Schedule: Per Semester
Work Hours From: Varies
Work Hours To: Varies
Total Hours Per Week: Varies
Requested Start Date: 1/5/2023
Job Type: Adjunct Faculty Benefits Eligible: No
Hiring Range: $2000 per 3 credit course
FLSA: Job Open Date: 11/18/2022
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3831972 State College of Florida
Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment.
Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-41c68db725023a4e83d7f7e690c32643