Adjunct Faculty-ASL (American Sign Language)
SCF is seeking Adjunct Faculty for American Sign Language (ASL).
An adjunct faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned by the Department Chair, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students. The position of an adjunct faculty member is temporary, and is contracted as needed.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Teaches all courses as assigned.
2. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
3. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
4. Prepares course syllabi (if not provided by the Department).
5. Prepares instructional materials (if not provided by Department).
6. Delivers course content in an effective manner to support student learning and meets the designated student learning outcomes.
7. Participates in assessment.
8. Meets all scheduled classes on the assigned day /time.
9. Uses scheduled class time appropriately.
10. Makes oneself available to students and college officials as needed.
11. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
12. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
13. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that governs the educational process.
14. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting attendance, grades, and other reports within college deadlines.
15. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the respective Department Chair or supervising academic administrator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
16. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
17. Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective teaching techniques.
18. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive working environment among departmental faculty.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned by the respective Department Chair or other supervising academic administrator
18 graduate semester hours in American Sign Language, special education for the deaf, or related area and demonstrated competencies + master’s degree or a Master’s degree with a major in American Sign Language, special education for the deaf, or related area and demonstrated competencies. NOTE: Some faculty in this area are credentialed based on outstanding professional experience and demonstrated contributions to the teaching discipline as professional American Sign Language interpreters.
Online and/or hybrid teaching experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Language & Literature Campus: Venice
Work Schedule: Per Semester
Work Hours From: Dependent on course assignment
Work Hours To: Dependent on course assignment
Total Hours Per Week: Dependent on course assignment
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Benefits Eligible: No
Hiring Range: $2000.00 per 3 credit class
Job Open Date: 02/22/2022 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3246798 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-0a9a069e1e0a394fb94ad74e14558f28
Position Type: Part-time