Adjunct Instructor - French Language
Adjunct Instructor - French Language
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Adjunct Faculty – French Language Instructor. An adjunct instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
1. Teaches all courses as assigned by the Department Chair or Coordinator.
2. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
3. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
4. Prepares course syllabi (if not provided by the Department).
5. Meets all scheduled classes on the assigned day /time.
6. Uses scheduled class time appropriately.
7. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, and commitment that prom otes student growth and learning.
8. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
9. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation that governs the educational process. 10. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
11. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the respective Department Chair or Dean for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
12. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
13. Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective teaching techniques.
14. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive working environment among departmental faculty.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned by the respective Department Chair or Dean.
Master’s degree in French or Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in (French Language), (French Language: Curriculum), or (French Language: Linguistics).
Adjunct faculty are needed to teach daytime, face-to-face or online French classes (FRE 1120-1121 Elementary French I and II) and/or (FRE 2200-2201 Intermediate French I and II) on the Bradenton campus. It is the applicant’s responsibility to present foreign transcripts in English, or they may be evaluated by an authorized evaluation service (See NACES link for details http://www.naces.org/members.htm).
Special note about completion of application: You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process.
Public Records: All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. Veteran Preference: This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Language & Literature
Work Schedule: Per Semester
Requested Start Date: Current/following semester
Job Type: Adjunct Faculty
Benefits Eligible: No
Hiring Range: $2000.00 per 3 credit course
Job Open Date: 05/14/2021
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3550991
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-56029beb489b6547bf0e3fa681b50b14