Adjunct Instructor: Theater - Venice
Adjunct Instructor: Theater - Venice Top Message SCF is seeking an Adjunct Faculty to teach theater during the spring 2019 semester. An adjunct instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
Job Description Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Teaches all courses as assigned by the Department Chair or Coordinator.
2. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
3. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
4. Prepares course syllabi (if not provided by the Department).
5. Meets all scheduled classes on the assigned day /time.
6. Uses scheduled class time appropriately.
7. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
8. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
9. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation that governs the educational process.
10. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
11. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the respective Department Chair or Dean for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
12. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
13. Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective teaching techniques.
14. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive working environment among departmental faculty.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned by the respective Department Chair or Dean.
Minimum Qualifications A master’s degree with a major in Theater, or 18 graduate semester hours in Theater plus master’s degree
Preferred Qualifications Experience teaching speech in a community college setting is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants Position Specifics:
1. To teach theater classes in the daytime in Spring 2019 on the Venice campus of SCF
2. Create and grade assignments
3. Foster student motivation, learning and achievement.
Special note about completion of application: You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process.
Public Records: All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. Veteran Preference: This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks. Department Name: Art, Design, Humanities Campus: Venice Work Schedule: Per Semester Work Hours From: Variable Work Hours To: Variable Total Hours Per Week: Variable Requested Start Date: January 2019 Job Type: Benefits Eligible: No Hiring Range: $1850.25 per three credit class FLSA: Exempt Job Open Date: 11/15/2018 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3151475 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-e0471dca665a6f4787e40ea342577155