ASN/BSN Instructional Faculty Evening / Weekend Nursing
ASN/BSN Instructional Faculty Evening / Weekend Nursing:
Join our SCF Nursing Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: A faculty member teaching in the nursing programs at SCF, Manatee-Sarasota provides instructional quality and student success at the highest level; pursues continuing state of the art knowledge and professional development; commits to the mission of SCF and serves in a variety of other functions in support of the nursing programs, the College, and the community.
1. Teaches undergraduate lower and/or upper division level courses within the SCF Nursing program(s).
2. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
3. Provides instruction at assigned class locations, labs, and clinical sites (ie. Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch and/or Venice campuses).
4. Demonstrates professional behaviors, philosophy, and compassion to promote student growth and learning to meet End-of-Program Student Learning Outcomes and Program Outcomes.
5. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology (ie. MedAffinity Electronic Health Record).
6. Competently navigates the learning management system (LMS) according to best practice standards, and completes the SCF Canvas Online Basic e-Certification course within 1 month of employment.
7. Promotes the nursing programs and represents the College at local, state and national governmental and professional nursing associations, as well as with our local healthcare industry leaders and managers.
8. Prepares, reviews, and updates course syllabi within College guidelines to preserve nursing education program integrity and to comply with our accreditation standards.
9. Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
10. Actively participate on at least one of the nursing program committees (Curriculum, Evaluation/Outcomes, and/or Resources), and attends Faculty of the whole meetings as scheduled.
11. Maintains office hours per posted Duty Roster to meet the needs of our students and the program(s).
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Master’s Degree in Nursing required, must be eligible for, or have, a current valid Florida RN license or Multi-State Compact License. Florida RN license must be obtained by hire date. Current BLS-Healthcare Professionals CPR certification.
Preferred Qualifications Recent nursing education teaching experience preferred, preferably in an ASN program. A Doctorate in Nursing is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants Position will be dependent on availability of funding . Two positions will be filled with start dates of Fall 2022 (1 position) and Spring 2023 (2nd position). Theory classes and skills labs are taught 2 evenings a week, Monday-Thursday according to level, from 5pm to 9:30pm. Clinical experiences are scheduled Monday – Thursday during the evening hours and on Saturdays according to clinical site availability. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks. Department Name: Nursing Campus: Bradenton Work Schedule: 9 Month Work Hours From: Work Hours To: Total Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week Requested Start Date: Fall 2022 (1 position) Spring 2023 (2nd position) Job Type: Benefits Eligible: Yes Hiring Range: $53,665 - $72,804 FLSA: Exempt Job Open Date: 02/07/2022 Job Close Date: Open Until Filled: No To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3151785 State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-f476968cabacdb459e7c347d3e448719