Join our SCF Admissions Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Admissions Assistants guide and assist students through the admissions process from inquiry through application and admission. This position is responsible for ensuring responsiveness to inquiries, streamlined admissions processing, accurate residency classifications for tuition purposes and effective enrollment campaigns.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Guides and assists students through the admissions process to ensure enrollment.
2. Admits eligible applications and ensures that all required admissions documents have been received to complete enrollment.
3. Expands student access to admissions via use of chat sessions, targeted recruitment events, and calling campaigns.
4. Ensures service excellence and responsiveness by providing effective, timely communications to students regarding their admissions, residency, and orientation status.
5. Determines an applicant's initial residency status for tuition purposes after review and verification of supporting documentation. Maintains knowledge of current residency guidelines as put forward by state statute and SCF policy. Accesses DMV and other resources as needed to ensure an accurate residency classification.
6. Conducts admissions appointments with prospective students on an individual basis. Schedules campus tour for prospective students.
7. Assists with and participates in college wide recruitment initiatives which include open house and admissions express events.
8. Assists in the facilitation of the college wide orientation program for new students.
9. Ensures integrity of admissions standards through appropriate routing and processing of applicants requiring conduct review and student disclosure. Schedule admissions review committee appointments for selected applicants.
10. Responds to international student regarding eligibility to attend SCF. Responds to inquiries regarding international student admissions requirements for the F-1 student visa.
11. Keeps abreast of all SACS, Florida Department of Education and College and/or departmental policies and procedures.
12. Processes dual enrollment admissions applications.
13. Reports statistical data on the activities of the Enrollment Services Office which include admissions application numbers, residency, appointments, telephone and walk-in inquiries.
14. Provides assistance at the information desk as needed.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education/Experience: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Admissions
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $15.40-$20.60
Job Open Date: 07/15/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3253976
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-4b7397c35626424b94fad70ab4bf7764
Position Type: Full-time