Assistant, Office of the Registrar
Assistant, Office of the Registrar
Join our SCF Registrar Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees: from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
This position involves work in the Office of the Registrar. This position assists students from the point of registration through graduation. The primary focus of this position is to provide student support in all forms for records and registration policies and procedures. This position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of student record data and that all documentation is accurate, complete, and readily available for students.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Assists students at the front counter in the Office of the Registrar. More often than not, will be the first contact for students in the office.
2. Guides and assists students from registration through graduation by providing accurate information regarding all Office of the Registrar policies, procedures, and processes.
3. Assists in processing all electronic transcript requests from students via the online vendor registrar support system. Completes all paper transcript requests, including printing and monitoring individual pick-up requests which includes the intake of money by cash, check, or credit card. Monitors and works with transcript-vendor personnel to update online calendar dates, messages, etc., for the online-ordering system. Maintains daily money log for all cash/checks received for transcripts and responsible for ensuring deposits are properly documented and given daily to the Bursar.
4. Assists staff, as needed, with processing tuition and fee waivers for Florida State employees, classroom teachers, and state residency. This involves careful monitoring of enrollment and ensuring proper documentation is on file.
5. Performs daily tasks that include adjustment to confidential student records, including but not limited to, add/drop requests, instructor and student withdrawals, name and address changes, grade changes, etc. Ensures that each request is accurate and contains all appropriate documentation.
6. Provides telephone and face-to-face customer service for the Office of the Registrar as well as responds to emails received in the registrar email inbox.
7. Responds to requests for course descriptions, catalogs, etc., from other colleges/universities.
8. Ensures lobby area is clean and workspace is properly stocked with materials.
9. Accurately records the receipt of all high school transcripts and placement scores (i.e. ACT, SAT, PERT, Accuplaser, etc.) at the front counter for students to ensure a seamless communication flow to students regarding record requirements.
10. Responsible for scanning and indexing files into the document imaging system. This includes filing, maintaining, and purging student records in compliance with Florida record retention requirements.
11. Keeps abreast of all SACS, Florida Department of Education, SCF, and/or departmental policies and procedures.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Education/Experience: Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Public Records: All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. Veteran Preference: This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Office of the Registrar
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 AM
Work Hours To: 4:30 PM
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $15.20 - $19.30
Job Open Date: 07/01/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3443082
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-01e6a7b0bf647846a314beb9fa668ae6