Business Services & Purchasing Assistant
Business Services & Purchasing Assistant
Join our SCF Business Services Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: Provide support services to senior staff responsible for the major business functions of purchasing and auxiliary services. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and routine administrative details by performing the following duties. Work entails purchasing and bidding responsibilities with specialized commodities; contacting vendors and providing vendor assistance on how to do business with the College and assist in-house departments with new and continuing purchase.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Greets visitors and directs or escorts to appropriate area or person.
2. Compiles monthly sales and commission reports for auxiliary revenue accounts.
3. Provide user support for customer complaints and issues.
4. Track textbook scholarship requests and award amount.
5. Contract tracking includes entering new contracts into contract program, follow contract progress through completion and maintain vendor COIs.
6. Monitor monthly usage of cell phone and data bills.
7. Responds to issues at various sites for vending machines and contacts vending machine companies to report issues with equipment.
8. Provide user support for purchasing to all departments of the College, including answering general inquiries concerning requisitions, purchase orders, and on-line ordering.
9. Works with Accounts Payable to research issues for processing invoices for payment when needed.
10. Maintain the vendor database including identifying and entering ownership and minority status information.
11. Provides various reports for both internal and external use.
12. Assists with formal competitive solicitations including, but not limited to, Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposal, Request for Qualification, or Request for Information documents. Prepares informal competitive solicitations such as Request for Quotation documents.
13. Makes changes to purchase orders for end user such as price changes, fax number changes and cancellation.
14. Maintains purchasing documents, files and records (e.g., Requests for Proposal, bid files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
15. Provides information and assistance on purchasing policies and procedures to employees.
16. Operate computerized equipment, facsimile machine, copier, scanner, and calculator.
17. Assist in maintaining document retention program for the department including, but not limited to, the following: scanning, cataloguing, and archiving competitive solicitation and contractual documentation.
18. Provides clerical support to director or other administrative manager or department, including correspondence. Coordinates supervisor's calendar, schedules appointments, screens calls and responds to inquiries as appropriate.
19. Performs special projects, including research, compilation and disbursement as delegated by supervisor.
20. Assists with preparation of department budget and maintains budget expenditures and balances.
21. Assigns and coordinates work of student assistants, as necessary.
22. Performs other related tasks to meet department and job-specific requirements.
• Education/Experience: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) and two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in writing, editing and proof-reading documents, reports, and letters.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Business Services
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: 8:00 am
Work Hours To: 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $15.60-$21.90
Job Open Date: 02/17/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3924711
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-07f51301800edd43b4face34939df57c