Campus Resource Officer-PT
Campus Resource Officer-PT
Join Our SCF Public Safety Team!
The Campus Resource Officer provides Campus security throughout Campus providing for the protection of College students, staff, constituents and property. Primary responsibilities are the enforcement of Campus Public Safety policies and responding to disruptive or unusual disturbances. Acts as evening emergency communications coordinator.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Patrols entire campus during assigned shift to provide a visual presence. Observes all activities involving personnel, facilities, traffic flow and utilities operations to ensure safety of all persons and property. Handles all incidents according to College procedures and reports as required. 2. Coordinates emergency response to all incidents.
3. Assists Director, Public Safety and Emergency Management or Designee in responding to agencies in the management, investigation and follow-up activities associated with any Campus incident.
4. Provides routine emergency assistance to students, employees or visitors.
5. Coordinates work for contract security personnel.
6.Performs other duties as assigned.
· Education/Experience: Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two (2) years’ experience in law enforcement, public safety, or military; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be familiar with access control systems, fire detection, suppression systems, and live safety techniques. Must have basic knowledge of hazardous materials, MSDS and incident prevention, control and countermeasures.
· Supervisory Experience: One or more years of experience as a “lead” employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, training new employees, and assisting others with problems, is required.
· Certificates and Licenses
Completed law enforcement training as established by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJST), Class D or G State Security License, or equivalent. Valid Florida Drivers’ License.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please note the hours vary between 12-18 hours weekly and will be weeknights. All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Public Safety
Work Schedule: 12 month
Work Hours From: Varies
Work Hours To: Varies
Total Hours Per Week: 12-18 hours weekly
Requested Start Date: Jan 2023
Job Type: Staff/Administration
FRS Hiring Range: $15.20-$19.30
Job Open Date: 12/13/2022
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3722550
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-20e22ab0f793604899adb29298535d56