College and Career Success Coach
College and Career Success Coach
Join our SCF College and Career Success Team!
SCF offers many benefits to our employees from obtaining tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick and vacation time, access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School and many more!
Visit our https://scf.edu/Administration/HumanResources/Benefits/default.asp for benefit details.
Job Summary: The College and Career Success Coach works with students to ensure they successfully achieve their educational goals. This position will provide holistic student support services and academic and career success coaching. The Coach will guide students through the entire enrollment and advisement process which includes but is not limited to admissions, career and academic program counseling, financial aid, and class scheduling. This position will serve as a mentor and coach throughout the entire student life cycle from admission to graduation. The Coach engages a student through all available communication methods and is responsible for working with the team to effectively advance the success and retention of the college’s student population.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Proactively manages an assigned student caseload through continuous needs assessment, evaluation of progress, anticipation of challenges, needed interventions, and creation of personalized, timely solutions required to ensure student success.
2. Develops a plan with prospective and current students to achieve their academic and career goals in alignment with the college's guided pathways. Assists students in navigating the enrollment process, career exploration, and choice of academic major.
3. Partner with academic program managers, directors, and officials to understand and remain current on academic programs. Collaborate with program managers/directors to support students in their selected program of study.
4. Ensures student success plans allow for timely completion and access to resources for academic, financial, and/or personal support. Leverages all technologies for optimal student planning and customer service experience.
5. Maximizes student awareness and ability to earn all potential credentials, certificates, internships, and degrees within their pathway. Educates students on additional post-associate degree opportunities available at the college.
6. Partners with Workforce Development to facilitate career focused workshops and trainings to support students in a successful transition to employment and the workplace.
7. Serves as a coach, mentor, and academic advisor throughout the student life cycle. Teaches students to effectively utilize available college technologies and resources for success.
8. Identifies academically at-risk students and facilitates appropriate interventions in alignment with college policy and procedure as well as coordinates with college personnel to resolve personal and financial issues that are barriers to student success. Collaborates with faculty on individual student success strategies.
9. Promotes visibility of College and Career Success initiatives through outreach to students and faculty. Collaborates with faculty to promote courses and academic programs.
10. Builds trusting relationships with a diverse student population through personalized, constructive, engaging, motivating, and intentional interactions. Continuously evaluates processes, daily operations, and student interactions for efficiencies and improvements.
11. Provides exceptional customer service, leaving a positive impression of the college with each student; this includes responding promptly to voicemails, emails, and text messages in accordance with team guidelines. Communicates professionally with all constituencies.
12. Evaluates effectiveness of student engagement and prepares reports as needed for supervisors.
13. Maintains accurate student information, quantitative data analytics, and required qualitative insights in contact management systems. Notes should include clear, concise details outlining the conversations and appointment highlights.
14. Supports students facing difficult situations. Empathetically assesses the situation, creates an action plan with the student, and facilitates connecting the student with the appropriate resource.
15. Takes part in assigned strategic enrollment initiatives which include but are not limited to new student orientation, Guided Pathways initiatives, and First-Year Experience activities.
16. Performs additional duties as assigned by Student Services and Enrollment Management leadership.
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year experience in customer service, education, career counseling, crisis work, coaching or other related field required.
• Education/Experience: Master’s degree preferred. Knowledge of college and higher education programs and curriculums a plus.
• Supervisory Experience: Leadership experience preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is a career-level position and is eligible for veteran preference. If you qualify, please complete the Veteran Preference section of the application and attach a copy of your DD214. Pre-Employment Screenings Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: Office of College and Career Success
Work Schedule: 12 month
Total Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours per week
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $35,245-$52,868
Job Open Date: 04/18/2023
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4113572
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5599, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207. Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved. https://www.jobelephant.com/ jeid-5f631cf87a249048b0905e5e2a967054